1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Alldroid2

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by pthance, Apr 18, 2010.

1. pthance

pthance New Member

So really....wtf is going on here. The BD CM debacle was shiesty enough, censorship and banning made for an interesting couple of days. Now they banned Natediddy?? WTF is going on at DF. I am about all out of faith in my home forum, can we get an explanation as to what direction the mods are taking this place please?
  2. RoLa

RoLa New Member

Natediddy got banned? I noticed his Mod status was gone....
  3. pthance

pthance New Member

Yeah....the future of this place is not looking bright....seems like alldroid all over again. If you ain't "in"...your out I guess.
  4. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

he had a interseting quote earlier i managed to capture screen
  5. agent42o

agent42o New Member

Can we go a week without drama? that would rock.
  6. pthance

pthance New Member

Aparently not if they are banning productive community members now... I would still like an explanation before they ban me for something assinine like inciting the mob or trolling, non of which this thread is meant to do or be.
  7. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

:icon_ worthless:
  8. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

pthance stand by. I have forwarded thread to admin.

You WILL get a response....

Hang tight.

Thanks.
  9. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

answer

OK guys listen,,,,

Nate was asked to be on staff. I liked him but felt it didn't work for where we were. I removed him from the team right after the BD mess. He was not to thrilled to say the least. I understand that and I understand sometimes tough choices had to be made.

I originally just removed his mod status. I did not ban him. Yesterday he made a conscious decision to flame at me over it. He has been removed for 30 days and ONLY 30 days. call it a cooling off period. I wish things had been different. Nate is a good guy who spent a lot of time here. I hope he comes back and we an work behind the scenes to elevate the tension he has.

Let me explain when you are asked to be on the mod team here at DF. You are on a 30 day probation period. Kinda like a t anew job. I was rude for the way i did it. I have apologized for that. I will say the same to you guys. I do feel somewhat responsible for this. We didn't make an announcement because I didn't want to rub it AL over the forum. Especially after the Bd and Cyan thing. I am truly sorry it went this way. I don't take it lightly and had a difficult decision to make. You guys see 928 is still on the team as well as every team member here from the start.

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or by PM. I only ask you keep it civil and no name calling bashing etc. etc. Will be honest and fair with my replies if needed

thanks

Miami
  10. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

... damage control.
    Eventually it should end :)
  11. pthance

pthance New Member

Thank you CK. I will be patient.
  12. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

I was wondering this as well, thank you for the explanation Miami.
  13. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

anytime guys.............I am sorry again.......
  14. pthance

pthance New Member

I guess its as good as we will get. I'm just tired of the drama at this point. I'm gonna have to take a break from the forums fo a while I think.
  15. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member Premium Member

fwiw I have dealt with a few of the admins here and I know they do not take these things lightly or enjoy doing it.
  16. Balthazar

Balthazar New Member

I for one hope Nate comes back, both his posts and him personally have been a real help to me in the past. Just throwing my support out there, for what it's worth.
  17. agent42o

agent42o New Member

I really hope Nate comes back too, he's really helpful here and really cool in IRC. That being said, I don't think everything that happens needs to be public information, after the UD v DF v CM I am pretty much over forum drama for a few years.
  18. forkup

forkup New Member

So let me get this straight, you removed him after the BD debacle yet you don't state why then ban him for 30 days yet say you were rude and feel somewhat responsible, correct?

Wtf...am I the only one that thinks that makes absolutely no sense? I know nate well from IRC and I know how tolerate and level headed he is.

This is just another case of poor judgement imo. Does anyone on staff here have any common sense left at all? First the BD fiasco then cyanogen gets banned and the poor handling of that, now this.

I think that makes 3 strikes. John you are letting your mods poor judgement and rash decisions ruin what I thought was the best android forum around. I can't imagine what to expect next.

forkup
  19. pthance

pthance New Member

+1 forkup....You hit the perverbial nail on the head. This is why I am done with this place now. I know nate through multiple conversations over the course of months. DF did him wrong, especially miami. After hearing his side of all this it just seems like more of the same....censorship. You can't personally attack one persons credibility and then ban them when they call you on it while warning the rest of the community.

We will see if I ever come back....if nate does (which I doubt he will) I will consider it. I'm not the most active member so I doubt I will be missed, but I'm taking a stand for what is right. This is why I left alldroid back in the day, and why I feel its necessary to leave DF.
  20. Glock

Glock New Member

...and this is why I just lurk most of the time...:icon_ banned:

on the real...thanks for hosting a place that I can come to for rooting my droid...:icon_ banana:

ps - +1 Post Count