AllDroid.org has gone off the deep end!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 928Droid, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Some of you know me here and have probably noticed I always try to be a postive person and contribute to this community.

I have done the same over at Alldroid, although on a much smaller scale (I like it here better). I have never had a negative exchange with anyone there, ever, and have done nothing but encourage the Devs, take the time to send logcats and even contributed money to some of the devs there. You may have noticed I have on many occasion bragged and touted Alldroid in some the threads I have started here at DroidForums.

Well as some of you know there has been a xxxxstorm over there lately and quite frankly there have been actions taken by mod(s) that IMHO seemed at best "unproffessional". This all ended up with the Sholes.info team leaving AllDroid for good and from what I observed from the outside I don't blame them.

I have always read and kept up with Sholes.info and honestly felt they have a very professionally run site and really seem to know what they were doing.

Anywho, they started a post stating that they were leaving Alldroid and along with others I felt compelled to post a comment of encouragement in their blog. As usual I calll things like I see them and never have a problem encouraging someone that seems to "do things right" and I posted this comment yesterday:

"As sort of an outsider/observer of your site/development and of other site(s) development (and demeanor), there is no doubt who has always “appeared” to be a step above. In recent days it has become very clear that yout team has proven who is for sure a step above in many ways. Keep up the good work and I look forward to continue to support your efforts! I am definitely excited to hear about the future forum and look for to being a part of that community!"

Didn't think I was really trashing anyone directly, just posting my honest observations and as you can see I didn't even mention any names, etc.

SOOOOO, a few minutes ago I went to AllDroid (as I do daily) to see if there were any new cool things for my Droid. The first thing I noticed was that I wasn't logged in. Thought no big deal must have cleared my cookies on a reboot etc. So I logged back in and was greated with this message:

"You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: If you disgree with this ban, feel free to explain your posts from Sholes.info

A ban has been issued on your username."

WTF!!!!!!

SO I guess if you say some developer or site is better than AllDroid it appears they go and read your comments on other sites and then permanently BAN you!!!

I am honestly speechless, I have been a member of many forums for over 15 years and have NEVER been Banned before...guess there is a first time for everything. :-(

Sorry for my rant, but I consider you guys here as friends and wanted to vent a little, PLUS I wanted to let you know if you want to keep your membership at AllDroid.org be careful what you say on other sites.

BTW, anyone got a spare Log in at Alldroid I can borrow J/K :)
  2. iMpathetic

iMpathetic New Member

Well, can't say I've spent a ton of time over there, but that's just bullsh1t.
  3. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

MM1 Payne (US Navy) New Member

wow.. Honestly im not to suprised. F*ck alldroid then. Have a head strong attitude about things. Dont let it bother you b..
  4. hydrogenman

hydrogenman Guest

The Sholes team acted immaturely as well, there's more to the story than what Sholes put on their page.

You know they booted Berzerker from the team right? There's also some other stuff that's gone on you probably don't know about.

It sucks, yeah, but it could have been avoided had everyone not acted like a bunch of children.
  5. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Ouch...That's a little unfair :( sorry to hear it, maybe you can try contacting one of the mods? I don't really spend much time there but do like the development that comes from their forums.
  6. djstarion

djstarion New Member

Wait, so you posted that at sholes.info and they banned you from AllDroid? WTF. That is ridiculous.
  7. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

So you were banned from one forum because of a post you posted on another? :icon_eek:

I am speechless on that. :wacko:
  8. Guchi

Guchi New Member

wow that is quite ...... i dont know.... wow.
    :banplease:

Edit: hope i dont get banned there for posting that i think thats total BS
    Edit: wait i realy dont care!!!
  9. Mike84

Mike84 New Member

wow...just...wow
  10. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

gotta love moderators on superficial powertrips that lead pathetic and boring lives. ive encountered them on all sorts of forums.
  11. iMpathetic

iMpathetic New Member

somewhat like teachers? :icon_eek::)
  12. 928Droid

13. Larkitect

Larkitect New Member

that's really messed up. they have just been ape sh*t crazy lately and have gotten even worse since sholes left. don't need them for pete's roms (and can't get sholes stuff) so i have no reason to ever go back there. the f*ckers.
  14. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

Reminds me of a motorcycle forum I'm in. At one point two of the heavy hitters got into it, and there was a big split. Soon you were unable to post links to certain web pages, people started having to watch what they said, it was a mess.

The end result is always the same though, regardless of what went down, or how far the development goes after the split, it's a loss for everyone. I am sorry to see this, and that you got caught up in the scrum.
  15. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

OMG....lol that's so petty!!

I'm gonna go get myself banned over there!!

brb
  16. jdm

jdm Guest

I for one that that it is completely legit that they booted you. They are the best forum and for that matter their mods are super human in terms of intelligence........(that should ensure that my alldroid account is pretty safe) :)
  17. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

ahaha me too

o wait first i need to create an account..
  18. 928Droid

I just put you on my "naughty list" :icon_ devil:
  19. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I doubt a mod banned him. Probably an administrator.

Don't feel bad about alldroid.org. They obviously don't care about having quality members. I've been there once, never went back. Screw them. You know you're welcome here.
  20. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

wait.

why dont we invite sholes onto here? we can all be friends right?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.