Alldroid.org has been closed indefinitely.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is a shock for me this morning as well. Ck said it correctly as DF would like to welcome AD's members and devs here if they want to come. Sorry to hear what happend there!

If anyone has any issues they can contact me via PM if needed

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you DF for creating a stable environment for us here. These communities do cost money to run. That and a lot of hours. Hopefully the income matches the outgo so not much comes out of the owner's pockets. The fact that new sites are opened for new phones indicates their model is working.

It's the members of this forum that make the difference. Where else are you going to find a Rescue Squad, a Beta Team, with guys volunteering their services and expecting nothing in return.

I think I went to alldroid once maybe to get an .apk file. Still, I wish them best and hope they can make a recovery. I don't travel around the web too far, I find most everything I need here.

This is accurate. It's the members and the foundation DF has been built on that creates the stability. Thanks to the mebers DF is a successful forum

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I got my Moto Droid in November I did a Google search and found Alldroid and DF. I tried to like Alldroid but seemed like the better information was here (for just users like me). I don't think our Droid phones would be nearly as advanced as they are today without the developers who used Alldroid, it was a very important site to advance our phones. I'm sorry to see it shut down so quickly and I hope people like AdamZ were able to get anything they needed removed before it shut down.

Welcome to DF if some of you are new to DF because of the Alldroid shutdown. We are a friendly group here and welcome you with open arms.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
When I got my Moto Droid in November I did a Google search and found Alldroid and DF. I tried to like Alldroid but seemed like the better information was here (for just users like me). I don't think our Droid phones would be nearly as advanced as they are today without the developers who used Alldroid, it was a very important site to advance our phones. I'm sorry to see it shut down so quickly and I hope people like AdamZ were able to get anything they needed removed before it shut down.

Welcome to DF if some of you are new to DF because of the Alldroid shutdown. We are a friendly group here and welcome you with open arms.

Well said, I tried a few different sites (after droidforums.net) and i honestly didnt like any of them. This was the best site for me to come to for Droid news and such. There is only 1 other forum i frequent and that is the one in my sig (owned by the same peeps who own this site) and love it there also. Any forum board that droidforums.net owners open will be the ones i stick with as long as they got one for my phone. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
posted on the site now:

WHAT DID YOU BREAK? THE SITE IS DOWN AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!
nahhh im just messin :p

3:31AM EST :
If your reading this message it means alldroid.org is down. (duh)
More info will be provided ASAP. (most likely when the sun comes up)
Thanks to the Zeusdroid Team for hosting the refugee camp site (what your looking at)

To stop any rumors:
- we did not get hacked
- we did not get sold
- more to come...as people begin making up more rumors :p

birdman – twitter @mrweeeedbirdman (ill try to answer questions when I wake up and throughout the day)

PS: its mothers day, go out and buy your mom something if you haven't already :)
[video=youtube;METz03OSsDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=METz03OSsDE]YouTube - Mama Wants a Webcam! (Real Voicemails) - Happy Mother's Day[/video]

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's sad to see Alldroid vanish into thin air, as it was the site that housed the original MotoDroid developers... from which we got some amazing innovations... and i hope we can recover whatever may have been lost...

however, this doesn't mean that Dev'ing will cease! it will move on, whether here or merelydr0id DOT net or cm dot com. sometimes greed and fame will infatuate those in charge, and cause their aspirations to grow out of control, to a point where they become self-absorbed and thus leave their communities behind.

i'm happy to call DF.net home. this community is amazing and rock-solid from its core (from admins and mods all the way down to the newest user). and i am amazed and excited to see development to flourish here :)

tldr: enjoy df.net for all it's worth, because as a whole, you cannot get a better community than we have here

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the youtube video is annoying

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
one of the Admins sent a email to everyone with DEV status on all droid. So the Devs had a bit of a heads up this the one I got!

k49rww.png

So they had a few days notice! hope all the devs there backed up their stuff!

ill buy the site depending how much they trying to sell it.......tell them hit me up and lets make a deal.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
As far as I am concerned, ALL the ALLDROID members and devs are Welcome on DF too. As long as they can follow the way we run DroidForums. We plan to continue running DF as a friendly, family oriented place. We want to continue DF being a nice place for people to come to, to learn and share knowledge about their anDroid devices.

As always, anyone who can not live up to the guidelines we have established here on DroidForums are always welcome to seek other places to go. We do not want to have any DRAMA or Insulting behavior happening here on DF.

I live by a simple rule of life, which I also use in the running of DF, Treat others as you would like to be treated, And do no Harm to others.

I hope they get it all sorted out over there at Alldroid, they are a valuable part of the ANDROID Community. I wish them the best in getting it back up an running.

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
For those of us that had a heads up and warning we backed up all our stuff it'll all be back up its just a matter of it being scattered now

John2bDroid

Reaction score
Good. I had tried to sign up for an account over there months ago and had issues with the registration and couldn't get help from any of the admins. They never even returned any of my e-mails or correspondence through their contact us form. Was a very poorly run site IMO.

Well maybe it was a problem on your end.... really...:)

I'm a member there and need that place because our Milestone are not as Hackable as the US Droids and I Envy you guys...for that to have this place and a whole slew or ROMS... We don't...So don't just slam the site down.

Yes it could of needed some reorganizing but hey nobody's perfect today..

Let's hope it's not gone for good...:(

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
seems like money is the problem; happened to sholes/droid mod, now happening to all droid. "The love of money, is the root of all evil".
When fun gets overshadowed with "I need to get paid" then the door opens for issues.
We all have bills to pay ...but I think if you looking to get paid; then it is hard to try to do it when yo already are established as a group,

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
seems like money is the problem; happened to sholes/droid mod, now happening to all droid. "The love of money, is the root of all evil".
When fun gets overshadowed with "I need to get paid" then the door opens for issues.
We all have bills to pay ...but I think if you looking to get paid; then it is hard to try to do it when yo already are established as a group,
You said it right, some say "money is the root of all evil", but like you quoted correctly "THE LOVE OF MONEY is the root of all evil". It looks like that it reared its ugly head again.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm interesting, I think the owner was having personal issues as well. I think he canceled his twitter account. This is weird as i did some twitter cleaning yesterday and his was one that I had to let go (i was following waaaay too many people lol).

So I'm sorry folks I think alldroid is down because of me. I didn't mean for it to happen this way. I wish the founder, members, and devs find a good place to put all their contributions.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk