all Zedge ringtones dont work anymore!

visitgrayling

Reaction score
I am SO Droid-challenged! Can you tell me how to go about doing what you recommend? Sorry if this isn't the place to ask that - I don't know where else to go.

mad3963

Reaction score
Just checked. Using the Zedge app, all 19 ringtones I have downloaded play just fine. They also play fine in the Ringo Pro app.

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
And again -out of the blue, my Zedge ringtones have stopped working. Again. Grrr.
when i first posted this topic i thought it was only zedge. Then after experimenting, my phone just completely stopped being capable of playing MP3 and MP4 files. Had to trade it in

eg146

Reaction score
Why Do My Ringtones Stop Working??

OK I read someone else post about the Droid 2 not playing any downloaded ringtones like ones from Zedge.

My Blackberry never did this and I had about 10 alert tones on both phones but the Droid just stopped notifying me if aZedge tone was selected. This is the 5th time in 3 months this has happened and I'm sick of it.

I even loaded RCP ringtones I purchased last year and saved on my laptop but I can't even find them on this phone.

Do you have to be a programmer to work this phone or what? VERY FRUSTRATING !!!!

Help Please. Thank you

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you regularly reboot the phone? Media seems to fail on droids if they haven't been rebooted in a while.

tappin and a talkin

eg146

Reaction score
Yes me too! I hate music tones when I'm working. It's unprofessional and Droid comes with terrible selection of ringtones. I even bought a professional set of 50 ringtones but can't get them to be a selection for a ringtone?

How does this phone work? Blackberry was so much easier. Oh well only 18 more months till i can switch phones unless someone wants to trade. Verizon Droid 2, brand new, not refurb only 2 months old. Sad.

eg146

Reaction score
You know that's a good question. I had to think about it and unless I have to swap batteries (because I don't have time to charge the on in the phone) I do not regularly reboot.

Primarily b/c I don't know when it's helpful. With Blackberry I new if I installed a new app or the phone was acting weird, I did hard restart and that usually fixed the issue.

The trouble with Droid is because it does so much, the user has to know a bit more about phone files than with a Blackberry. That one you just open a Desktop Manager and it basically tells you what you can change or not change.

The Droid 2 as you know doesn't come with that type of user friendly software so if your like me and aren't technically saavy, there is no point connecting the phone to the PC.

I would love to put those 10-15 alert tones in with the rest of the Droids ringtones folder but I have NO CLUE how the files work on this phone and getting help that's been"DUMBED DOWN" enough for me to understand is very difficult.

Most people on here have some understanding of how the files are set up so I can't find the help I need without driving the helper nuts with all my questions.

Sorry that was a long answer to a short question. I can't believe I'm the only technically challenged person with a Driod?? Do you know if you can do a soft reset on this phone?

I took your advice and pulled the battery and the Zedge tones are. Working thanks!

eg146

Reaction score
Program For Ringtones that Won't Stop Working Like Zedge?

It seems like we are the only 2 people with this issue who can't fix it. I am still hvaing the Zedge problem. I even tried using my own Ringtones that I bought and put on the SD card as directed but they are not showing as an option for Ringtones when I click "change ringtone".

People have said I need a new Media PLayer which I got from the Market but have no clue how that works so I deleted it.

Is there no program people like me (who do not understand all the technical stuff the phone can do) that lets you plug the phone into the PC and help you move things to the folders you want them in?

Where the heck is the Droid 2's stock ringtone file located on the phone? If I can find that maybe I can put my 5 ringtones in there with the rest of the one's the phone came with and then the phone won't start ringing "DROID, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, DROID" while I'm at work.

PLus when the phone suddenly changes sounds, I don't recognize it as my phone ringing and miss calls.

Very frustrating phone or very challenged user-lol!