All Ultimate Droid Support Will Be Handled Here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie

Reaction score
I've been doing some reading here...with the upcoming release of UD 9, I am hopeful of the resolution to some of these things.
I just don't fully understand how the led works, but I do know how I'd LIKE it to work...

Props to the author...it's a sleek, professional looking rom...something I could show off without being all glitzy and having names all over everything.

Gunner

Reaction score
First off, I love this ROM. It's mostly just smooth and fast.

But I am having a few issues. Didn't know if these were isolated or if you guys are having these problems:

-Data connection randomly shuts off. I still have cell signal but 3G just disappears, sometimes for a few minutes at a time.

-GPS sometimes won't obtain a lock (while outdoors in clear view of the sky). I get endless 'Searching for GPS' (for several minutes). A reboot usually resolves this.

-The Market is often extremely slow, or doesn't respond at all.

I'd say the data connection problem is the biggest issue.

Issues aside, I'm loving UD8, and plan to keep using it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok...I must be hallucinating here...I put in UD 8 in my Droid a few days ago...and I noticed that my led was on...and appeared to be changing colors to what I thought was cpu usage? Then I lost it...if I go into User Interface I get a force close, but have learned that this normally is for missed calls, etc.

I was really liking seeing how hard things were working...just another toy, I know, but it was cool. Is there a way to get this back?

I've tried what I know...wiping and starting fresh, etc. I am using the black bold theme. Neither plain or the theme fires the led up.

Any help??

Did you run the Fix Permissions command?

Ozzie

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...yes I did...several times.
I must've had a fluke of an install...this LED was changing all by it's own with use and I was loving it...I've been trying to duplicate it since losing it. The more I read, the more I see this isn't happening unless someone wants to write a program tying the LED to the cpu or memory. Now there's an idea...

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The LED thing... yeah.. let's call that a work in progress for BD. Hat's off to the attempt though, I'm diggin where it's headed.

player52

Reaction score
none of my emulators work they all force close

gensoid,Snesoid,gameboid all force close when trying to open

alex40cal

Reaction score
trouble adding gmail account with ultimatedroid eXtreme-8.0.0
any help?
go to add acount and the screen stays black

rev.buttons

Reaction score
Hey guys love your rom. Just installed last n ight. Have a problem with my internet lagging and force closing. I am runnikng a 1gz p3 kernel. Any suggestions?? I'm on a droid 1. Thx again for all your hard work

pandies

Reaction score
there is a googleapps zip on the forum somewhere? it adds gmail.. etc..

ZAZusmc03

Reaction score
I just flashed onto my droid, but after rebooting, It freezes at the Ultimate Droid bootup screen. Can someone please help? I searched around the thread and didn't see anything involving this.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just flashed onto my droid, but after rebooting, It freezes at the Ultimate Droid bootup screen. Can someone please help? I searched around the thread and didn't see anything involving this.

Did you wipe data and cache partition?

XXXLogic

Reaction score
Have the Droid 1 and stock I was able to skip songs with the controls on my steering wheel, I recently flashed UD 8 and it pairs and plays fine in the car but the steering wheel controls no longer work. Anyone have any ideas? Also does anyone know if there are Roms that update the bluetooth? On the Mazda site it shows that the droid x can transfer the phonebook to the car but the droid 1 cannot. Thx in advance for your help.

ballmore

Reaction score
Stuck in bootloop. I've wiped my ass (data and cache) till it is raw!!!! This is my 5th time wiping today. 4 wipes a half hour ago and one wipe while I am typing this. I've had UD for a week and every single time that I've had to reboot my phone it gets stuck in a bootloop.
I've even changed to a new memory card, installed UD on it and got the same problem.
The last time (a half hour ago) I installed UD without a theme. Then once all of the apps reloaded I tried to reboot. Bootloop again.
I've fixed permissions.When I freshly install UD it works fine. But every single time that I have to reboot it gets stuck.
Seems like the only fix that anyone has is to wipe my ass a lot and hope for the best. If there isn't a better fix that actually works then I'm gonna have to switch to another rom. I really don't want to do that cuz I love the extras and the themes. I was hoping to get a rom this time that had all of the extras that also ran right on my phone. I would be a die hard fan if I could get the phone to stop bootlooping. I

I'm on a Moto Droid 1.:blink:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stuck in bootloop. I've wiped my ass (data and cache) till it is raw!!!! This is my 5th time wiping today. 4 wipes a half hour ago and one wipe while I am typing this. I've had UD for a week and every single time that I've had to reboot my phone it gets stuck in a bootloop.
I've even changed to a new memory card, installed UD on it and got the same problem.
The last time (a half hour ago) I installed UD without a theme. Then once all of the apps reloaded I tried to reboot. Bootloop again.
I've fixed permissions.When I freshly install UD it works fine. But every single time that I have to reboot it gets stuck.
Seems like the only fix that anyone has is to wipe my ass a lot and hope for the best. If there isn't a better fix that actually works then I'm gonna have to switch to another rom. I really don't want to do that cuz I love the extras and the themes. I was hoping to get a rom this time that had all of the extras that also ran right on my phone. I would be a die hard fan if I could get the phone to stop bootlooping. I

I'm on a Moto Droid 1.:blink:

I would try the following:

1. Download the rom again and install it with SpRecovery with no wipes.

2. Once installed, load a different kernel. Maybe something down around 800 mhz?

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.