All Ultimate Droid Support Will Be Handled Here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so you have the same 1.0 LV have you tried another one? for UD 7? I just don't want to kill my battery
So you having battery life issues with that kernel?? You sould look into playing around with settings..and apps... that may be canibalizing battery life unnecessarily... don't know what you have set or what apps you have installed, but any that needs to continually refresh would be hurting... like a hogsome weather app... just a suggestion...

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
well the battery life is much better all I keep on my power control widget with the sync and satellite feature always on bluetooth, wifi, always off unless im in the car for bluetooth and screen always dim. so 1.2 ulv works good. What ths difference between ul, l, h? Say I boost mine from 1.0 l to 1.0ul or 1.0h?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The general rule is that the lower the voltage kernel, the better the battery life would be, but you also are giving up performance during heavy loads due to there possibly being not enough voltage at specific CPU load amounts. Higher voltage kernels gives you more performance since it offers more voltages for your hardware to operate, but at the sacrifice of batt life and possible higher heat levels if the load is hagi for extended periods.

In all honesty, even a 800 MHz kernel is plenty fast enough, and even a MV kernel at that clock speed wouldn't use that high of voltages since the speeds are lower... or to have a 1.2GHz kernel innstalled, and ajust it to run lower (1.0 GHz or 800 MHz) during periods when you aren't using apps that require more CPU speed.

BTW... uLV is the lowest and if your Droid operates at full loads well on that voltage, then that kernel would offer you the best batt life...

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
The general rule is that the lower the voltage kernel, the better the battery life would be, but you also are giving up performance during heavy loads due to there possibly being not enough voltage at specific CPU load amounts. Higher voltage kernels gives you more performance since it offers more voltages for your hardware to operate, but at the sacrifice of batt life and possible higher heat levels if the load is hagi for extended periods.

In all honesty, even a 800 MHz kernel is plenty fast enough, and even a MV kernel at that clock speed wouldn't use that high of voltages since the speeds are lower... or to have a 1.2GHz kernel innstalled, and ajust it to run lower (1.0 GHz or 800 MHz) during periods when you aren't using apps that require more CPU speed.

BTW... uLV is the lowest and if your Droid operates at full loads well on that voltage, then that kernel would offer you the best batt life...

Whats the best way to test the stability of a phone with ULV. I am able to run ULV but it seems I get better battery life with chevys medium voltage :icon_eek:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Whats the best way to test the stability of a phone with ULV. I am able to run ULV but it seems I get better battery life with chevys medium voltage :icon_eek:
Could it be possible that you used your phone differently when you ran the uLV kernel? I know that certain ROMs on certain Droids run differently for everyone... for me I had to use Chev's MV kernel on BB v0.4 in order to get the best out of performance, speed, & and overall ... but on UD I noticed that it ran hotter during extended periods of high loads and it also ate my batt much faster than the LV kernel I'm running now..

All I can suggest is for you to test each kernel until you find that one which works best for your Droid on UD v7.0... It was a purely quessing game for me as well...lol:icon_eek::)

Rated_R

Reaction score
can anyone post a link to flash the stock keyboard? I dont want to replace the multi touch keyboard I want both. Running UD 7.0 Thanks.

Flash this in recovery. Will install the stock keyboard and the lib file that it uses. It works on clockwork unsure if it works in sprec.

If it doesnt work shoot me a pm and I'll walk you through it manually.

Update.zip

[[As always. Make a backup before attempting to flash anything. Better safe than sorry. I will not be held responsible for your shenanigans.]]

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whats the fastest launcher? or are they all the same? i've been using the stock one

I use sweeterhome and never have those "redraws" everyone is crying about. I haven't tried any other homes in months so I can't compare though :D

sweeterhome sounds sweeeeet I'll try it out...I've been getting some of those redraws lately

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

White Rat

Reaction score
Yay! Someone besides myself that uses sweeterhome. I might have to drink a beer to that!

ethan.r.besbris

Reaction score
anyone besides me having a redraw issue with the 2d lockscreen? its not just screen redraws but apps take forever to show in the drawer. none of my apps are installed to sd...

frankieg22x

Reaction score
everytime I try to flash a new kernel i get stuck in boot loop at the M logo. Anyone experiencing this?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This may have been answered already (didn't feel like reading 55 pages..lazy! Haha!) but, what are the udex7 fixes for? Downloaded the ROM and fixes and will be installing tomorrow. Very curious about UD!!

Bukada

Reaction score
Sapphire Kernel

I just wanted to say.. I am using the Sapphire 1.2 (250-1200SV) Standard Voltage kernel. Seems to run very cool on my droid :motdroidhoriz: and have had zero issues with Force closes or reboots. I just wanted to throw this out there for peeps.
Linpack Average is 16.2
Quadrant score is 1530 +

releases:sapphire-1.0.0 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

Hope this helps others who are looking for a Kernel for Ultimate Droid Rom..

And yes.. I am running UDv7

Zroid

Reaction score
I've used BB 0.4, ChevyNo1 SS 4.7, and Sapphire 1.0 (Love the Sapphire) and finally made the move to tryout UD eXtreme 7.0 putting all the drama aside. I must say that UD 7.0 is one snappy rom and I am impressed with it's stability. I've tried both ChevyNo1's kernels and P3Droid kernels and I've decided to stick with P3's as I've had good luck with Sapphire 1.0 using his kernels.
Job well done.

BTW, I love to show that my old Droid is faster than my coworkers EVO 4G and looks better even with tiny screen. dancedroid

:motdroidhoriz: Currently Running
UD eXtreme 7.0
P3Droid LV 1200Mhz
Watermark'd Theme

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
everytime I try to flash a new kernel i get stuck in boot loop at the M logo. Anyone experiencing this?
Have you tried Chev's or P3Droid's kernels? I would suggest that you download several different kernels onto your SDCard, then install differetn one from recovery until you find the ones that boot up fine...
I just wanted to say.. I am using the Sapphire 1.2 (250-1200SV) Standard Voltage kernel. Seems to run very cool on my droid :motdroidhoriz: and have had zero issues with Force closes or reboots. I just wanted to throw this out there for peeps.
Linpack Average is 16.2
Quadrant score is 1530 +

releases:sapphire-1.0.0 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

Hope this helps others who are looking for a Kernel for Ultimate Droid Rom..

And yes.. I am running UDv7
Yeah, those kernels worked well for me... but I had issues with WiFi when using them, namely when I was able to locate and find my router, my phone completely froze up when trying to turn off WiFi afterwards. You may want to test it on yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.