all those ring tones and they all suck!

kennyc

Reaction score
Seriously....I really don't like any of the included ringtones....

where's the best place to download some simple ring tones ( I really don't want Lady Gaga screaming at me)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

where's the best place to download some simple ring tones ( I really don't want Lady Gaga screaming at me)

Just use your own MP3's and use ringdroid from the market and make your own. That's what I do.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

Just use your own MP3's and use ringdroid from the market and make your own. That's what I do.

+1 to this & to Zedge...

Sent from my Droid X

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have used Zedge too, I don' keep it installed though, I don't use it often enough...I am a DROOIID Notification type of guy...RingDroid on the other hand, I keep installed, as it is an Awesome App :)

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
for the best custom ringtones i would say Ringdroid. you get to decide what part of the song you want

paulmac

Reaction score
Yeah, Zedge is great, for ringtones and wallpapers... LOVE IT.

Zedge is good, but needs to develope categories and search capabilites. Should not have to sit there and click on more, more, more, to go through the listings.

OP
kennyc

kennyc

Reaction score
Didn't find what I was looking of initially on Zedge, but did a google on "simple ringtones" and it took me to a search page on Zedge :) that did have what I was looking for. Thank you!

OP
kennyc

kennyc

Reaction score
Thanks Lightninrod!
oh but shouldn't that be LighteninDroid?

OP
kennyc

kennyc

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think I'm losing it or a total dummy or something ... maybe I've just been in this computer business too long..... The so-called manual is worthless. There's virtually no information around on how to install custom ring tones. Even the information on the Motorola site

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48606/kw/ringtones/p/30%2C6720%2C7500

appears to be wrong or I can't understand it. I press and hold an MP3 either song or downloaded ringtone and there is not option to make it my ringtone like the link above says.

Am I just an idiot or what?

OP
kennyc

kennyc

Reaction score
Okay after searching half the day... I just found the explanation on another forum:
Customized Ringtones on the Droid X - Android Forums

-----------------
You must create in the root directory of the SD Card these paths:
Media/Audio/Ringtones
Media/Audio/Notifications
Media/Audio/Alarms

Ringdroid will also do this for you...

Then just dump the MP3s you want in those respective folders. Too bad they don't explain this anywhere
smile.gif

The only notification sound you can't change to your own is the SD Card notification sound, because the system can't access the SD Card when it's mounting.
------------------------

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think I'm losing it or a total dummy or something ... maybe I've just been in this computer business too long..... The so-called manual is worthless. There's virtually no information around on how to install custom ring tones. Even the information on the Motorola site

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...detail/a_id/48606/kw/ringtones/p/30,6720,7500

appears to be wrong or I can't understand it. I press and hold an MP3 either song or downloaded ringtone and there is not option to make it my ringtone like the link above says.

Am I just an idiot or what?
it's you...