All this hardware talk....

vzwcooter

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what is the best for me...and hopefully my scenario would be something that will be like someone else....

I currently own an unlocked D1....I don't do any gaming (except for angry birds), internet browsing, wifi tethering, and just basically using it like a netbook. I have a PS3 and a PC for gaming. I'm assuming that the hardware on the TB would be a perfect fit for me...but I've always considered a phone with dual cores just more for the bragging rights and also not having the dreaded lag I am getting on my D1 when I go back to the home screen. I've never tried the Sense UI but I hear rave reviews about it. For my scenario...what's your guy's opinons?? dancedroid

metzor

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what is the best for me...and hopefully my scenario would be something that will be like someone else....

I currently own an unlocked D1....I don't do any gaming (except for angry birds), internet browsing, wifi tethering, and just basically using it like a netbook. I have a PS3 and a PC for gaming. I'm assuming that the hardware on the TB would be a perfect fit for me...but I've always considered a phone with dual cores just more for the bragging rights and also not having the dreaded lag I am getting on my D1 when I go back to the home screen. I've never tried the Sense UI but I hear rave reviews about it. For my scenario...what's your guy's opinons?? dancedroid

I am in a similar boat, and definitely with you on the crappy lag on my D1. I can tell you the dual core will be faster, but the TB will still be blazing fast. If you've ever used an Incredible, that is way smoother and faster than our D1s, and the TB is, avoiding all technical jargon, much more powerful than the Inc.

Multi-core processors are the future of phones, but nothing will be optimized for it for months, and that doesn't mean the TB won't be more than fast and powerful enough for everything you need.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I didn't like the Incredible so I bought the DX. The Incredible has horrible battery life. I'm wondering if the TB will as well.

metzor

Reaction score
I didn't like the Incredible so I bought the DX. The Incredible has horrible battery life. I'm wondering if the TB will as well.

I'm sure the battery life will not be that great.

metzor

Reaction score
Take a look at this thread, JohnBoy has some good info there from his pre production phone he was using. Impression I get is if you're not on 4g streaming videos all day, the battery life is about the same as any smartphone with a 4"+ touch screen, maybe a little worse, but that's why they invented car chargers and usb cables.

DaveB722

Reaction score
Im in the same situation. Got the d1. Want a faster phone, dont think dual/quad core phones will do anything extra in the near term for me. Tired of updating roms all the time, but still want root. Im going to verizon today and see how to get into a one year contract. I may have to pay an etf, but in the long run i can change phones more quickly. I say go for it, i think we will all be pleased. Remember every 'tomorrow' a newer and better phone will be released.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

maxnicks

Reaction score
Verizon is keeping the unlimited data for the thunderbolt for now. That might change.

I bought a D2 on ebay and have been extremely happy with it. It'll hold me over until late summer or early fall.