all the hackorz!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by doug piston, Jan 7, 2010.

1. doug piston

doug piston Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    where did you learn coding and if from school is it field worth getting into while in your late 20's. curious about a life change considering school. tried of the same thing. programming seemed intresting. thanks for your time

2. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Programming is a very person-specific task. Some people are naturally VERY good at it, and some people have serious difficulties.

You should really try to get a book or two on c/c++ programming and mess around with some of the coding exercises.

I was a comp sci major, then switched half way through because I couldn't stand it anymore. Comp Sci is a *very* difficult major.

Just some advice.

-Wil

3. doug piston

Ratings:
    +4
    i put this in the general discussion board cause it has no real hacking info but i guess it got moved...

wil what did you switch to out of curiosity??

4. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I switched to Finance. The math didn't bother me (finance math is a joke compared to comp sci math, which involved all the regular college level stuff then the calc 1/2, discreet mathematics, linear algebra, stat 1/2.. it just kept on going), but sitting there coding all night DID bother me.

I realized I didn't want to sit in a room, in front of a computer, with a bunch of dorks all day.

Just a year ago, I realized in Finance that I get to sit in a room, in front of a computer, with a bunch of geeks all day.

The comp sci guys get to wear jeans, though.

sigh.

-Wil

5. xxhd_3xx

xxhd_3xx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree most programmers are born to program.

6. vpshockwave

vpshockwave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem. Didn't want to sit in front of a computer screen the rest of my life programming. No problem with the logic or math.

7. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    programming takes time and experience. There is no easy way to learn it. You have to learn through experimenting. You can read a book all you want and still not know how to program without a lot of hands-on time actually attemping to use the language.

So to be a programmer you have to enjoy creating programs, so that it doesn't bother you to spend a good amount of time doing that kind of thing.

I think anyone can have the potential to be a programmer, but it either takes real dedication or a fair amount of desire/interest to spend the required amount of time needed to master it.

People who grew up spending a lot of time making websites starting from low to wid teen years would probably love programming. HTML is probably the easiest language to start with. You don't even have to worry about compiling code...it just runs straight from the browser :p

8. doug piston

Ratings:
    +4
    thats good to know. in my teen years i did nothing with computers but really seem to enjoy the challenge it presents to me now. ive decided to look further into it and have schedule meetings with local colleges to discuss there bachelor of science and computer science programs. seems tough as i have never been to college. ive reached the top at my current job and make plenty of money support my family for the rest of our years but i think i need a good challenge and this really intrests me. so thanks for all of your input. i appreciate it.