All the Hacking on Your HTC Incredible!!!

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
I'm interested to see everything people have done to their Dinc's.
I'm hoping to get some more ideas on what I wanna do next!!

Everything I've done to My HTC Droid Incredible!!

HTC Droid Incredible
Rooted - UnRevoked 3
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1
Radio Upgrade v. 2.05.00.0611
Rom: The Ultimate Droid 2.5.0 -BlackDroid
ASOP running Android 2.2 (Froyo)
Theme: Renovated for UD 2.5 - YankInDaSouth
Kernel: Invisiblek kernel 2.6.32.26 #18 - Invisiblek
Overclocked to 1.15 Ghz - 500Mhz low ULowV
Super Mario World Custom Boot Animation
Custom Notification Bar & Text Fonts!!
Wifi Wireless Tether 2.0.2
Hulu Supporting Flash 10.1
Swype Beta Tester!!:icon_ banana:

~Srkx

dayusmc

Reaction score

HTC Droid Incredible
Rooted - UnRevoked 3

~Srkx
Been looking around and I am trying to figure out what all this stuff is.Kernel, ASOP and ROM. What is the difference?
Is the ASOP (Froyo) the part that would have the contacts in it. I am trying to get my HTC to look and act like my Motorola Driod 1, I want the contacts with the sort by last name, and the home screen like the home screen with the Phone, apps button, and globe on the bottom.
So far I have-
Rooted - UnRevoked 3
Although my ninja is empty when I open it, also not sure what the Nandroid backup is. I have a backup and recovery when I boot up holding vol down and power button, but nothing says Nandroid

Scarface9609

Reaction score
Pfff nugga, do that to mine homie

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
S

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score

HTC Droid Incredible
Rooted - UnRevoked 3

~Srkx
Been looking around and I am trying to figure out what all this stuff is.Kernel, ASOP and ROM. What is the difference?
Is the ASOP (Froyo) the part that would have the contacts in it. I am trying to get my HTC to look and act like my Motorola Driod 1, I want the contacts with the sort by last name, and the home screen like the home screen with the Phone, apps button, and globe on the bottom.
So far I have-
Rooted - UnRevoked 3
Although my ninja is empty when I open it, also not sure what the Nandroid backup is. I have a backup and recovery when I boot up holding vol down and power button, but nothing says Nandroid

Pfff nugga, do that to mine homie

Here's where you need to look first buddy!!!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ve-rooted-now-what-n00bs-guide-post-root.html

Then come talk to me! I have no problem helping out or giving my advice but you first need to have an understanding of Rooting!!!

~Srkx~
:greendroid:ROM: The UltimateDriod 2.5.0 Froyo (2.2):greendroid:
:greendroid:Theme: RENOVATED FOR UD2.5 :greendroid:
:greendroid:Invisiblek_kernels_2.6.32.26-18:greendroid:
:greendroid: www.twitter.com - @SrkxMokwi:greendroid:

dayusmc

Reaction score
I have read that post. I still dont understand "what" part is responsible for my contacts and keyboard layout. Is it the FRG38D and is that the kernel? I am very new to Linux, I am a windows IT person by trade. Never really got into Linux. I understand that "rooting" is basically just logging in as an administrator (even thought it is more like the system account on windows, but most people dont know what that is) and that enables you to make any changes you want. And it seems like roms are very close to skins or thymes on windows 7. I basically want my Incredible to look like my D1, I like my keyboard layout better on the D1 and really have to sort my contacts by last name.

-Semper Fi
Posted From My D1

OP
S

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
Hope this Helps!!

I have read that post. I still dont understand "what" part is responsible for my contacts and keyboard layout. Is it the FRG38D and is that the kernel? I am very new to Linux, I am a windows IT person by trade. Never really got into Linux. I understand that "rooting" is basically just logging in as an administrator (even thought it is more like the system account on windows, but most people dont know what that is) and that enables you to make any changes you want. And it seems like roms are very close to skins or thymes on windows 7. I basically want my Incredible to look like my D1, I like my keyboard layout better on the D1 and really have to sort my contacts by last name.

-Semper Fi
Posted From My D1

Okay My Friend, this should help...

Rom - is the "software" your currently running on your phone. That is going to control the Basic Software your Dinc is going to run on... It will control all phone settings and functions. Example What Launcher bar and Notification bar is used and your Boot Animation.

Themes - I'm sure you know is just like a "skin" your putting over your currently running ROM!

Kernels are a way for you to to control things like your Phone Processing Speed. This is called "OverClocking" Our Dinc comes with a stock kernel, but you can change it. Each ROM has it's own kernel it uses. Some Kernels are built/designed/programed for speed, or better battery life things like that!!

So know that we got that out of the way, To change your keyboard layout that's probably going to come from a certain theme!

As far as your Contacts thats going to depending on which ROM your currently running??

Hope i'm Helping!!

~Srkx~
:greendroid:ROM: The UltimateDriod 2.5.0 Froyo (2.2):greendroid:
:greendroid:Theme: RENOVATED FOR UD2.5 :greendroid:
:greendroid:Invisiblek_kernels_2.6.32.26-18:greendroid:
:greendroid: www.twitter.com - @SrkxMokwi:greendroid:
:greendroid::icon_ banana:Swype Beta Tester!:icon_ banana::greendroid: Link Below!!!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...beta-released-htc-incredible.html#post1118903

dayusmc

Reaction score
Very Helpful!! Best explanation I have seen yet. I wonder if I can put the FRG38D on the Incredible or if there is a rom that has the sort contacts by last name. Any suggestions? The main things I am looking for is increased battery life and the sort by last name. I guess if I was able to put the FRG38D on my phone, I would have the same on screen keyboard and contacts as the D1. What are your thoughts? Thank you again, you are making it easy to understand.
I have put Ti Backup on my INC. and have been freesing apps. I also installed all the normal apps I use and am going to make a Nandroid backup, now, so if I screw it up, I can get back to this point.

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
Very Helpful!! Best explanation I have seen yet. I wonder if I can put the FRG38D on the Incredible or if there is a rom that has the sort contacts by last name. Any suggestions? The main things I am looking for is increased battery life and the sort by last name. I guess if I was able to put the FRG38D on my phone, I would have the same on screen keyboard and contacts as the D1. What are your thoughts? Thank you again, you are making it easy to understand.
I have put Ti Backup on my INC. and have been freesing apps. I also installed all the normal apps I use and am going to make a Nandroid backup, now, so if I screw it up, I can get back to this point.

FRG83D is specific to just the droid 1, sorry :( but there are many different keyboards available on the market you could try, such as better keyboard, smart keyboard pro, or slide it. But kudos on knowing to android backup before anything, glad someone finally knows how to be a noob and follow instructions!!!! ;) lol

As for the home screen, just get adw.launcher from the market, you can theme that to look like the droid 1 and act like it. As for the contacts, idk about that but I could give you the .apk to see if that will work. No guarantees though since it's motorola.

dayusmc

Reaction score
I try and follow the instructions best I can. I have just installed ROM Manager, I think I am still going to make backups in Regular Clockwork Recovery. Not sure I trust the rom manager to do it. I already had to recover once already. I froze an App, I think it was a messaging app and it kept looping an error and
i could go past it. I used the clockwork and it worked great!!

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
I try and follow the instructions best I can. I have just installed ROM Manager, I think I am still going to make backups in Regular Clockwork Recovery. Not sure I trust the rom manager to do it. I already had to recover once already. I froze an App, I think it was a messaging app and it kept looping an error and

Go ahead and trust rom manager, I'll vouch for it ;) lol all rom manager does is boot you into clockwork mod recovery and let's it handle the backup. Nice thing about rom manager is you can rename the backup you're doing though, so it's easier to find if you have a few on the same day

OP
S

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score

Yep like Yak Said good job on following instructions makes for things going a lot easier!!! ROM manager is really good I completely trust it! Actually I try to use it when ever I can, I have a buddy who still kind of a noob and he liked going into ClockWorkMod until last week when he some how wiped his phone & SD card clean. He's lucky I fixed it for him!! LOL!!

But anywho Thanks Yak for helping Him with that I know nothing about the Moto Driod - I figured that was a theme tho!

As far as your contact needs.. this may help..DejaOffice - it's on the Android Market and give you a ton more control over your contacts and other things as well. Its designed for Business people to control contacts, calendars, events things like that with up to like 20,000 contacts i think!! With me being in Sales it's been nice!! I figure it may help an IT guy!!!

~Srkx~

dayusmc

Reaction score

Yep like Yak Said good job on following instructions makes for things going a lot easier!!! ROM manager is really good I completely trust it! Actually I try to use it when ever I can, I have a buddy who still kind of a noob and he liked going into ClockWorkMod until last week when he some how wiped his phone & SD card clean. He's lucky I fixed it for him!! LOL!!

But anywho Thanks Yak for helping Him with that I know nothing about the Moto Driod - I figured that was a theme tho!

As far as your contact needs.. this may help..DejaOffice - it's on the Android Market and give you a ton more control over your contacts and other things as well. Its designed for Business people to control contacts, calendars, events things like that with up to like 20,000 contacts i think!! With me being in Sales it's been nice!! I figure it may help an IT guy!!!

~Srkx~

Thanks. One thing I noticed, When I installed ROM Manager, it wanted to install Clockwork Recovery again before I could use it. So I let it- No good, I have that SLCD screen so It messed it up. I am trying to reinstall the special recovery img for my screen. Hope ROM Manager doesn't keep installing the wrong Clockwork.

WillisD

Reaction score
With an slcd, you can use ckockwork. Before you install the custom recovery image, go to rom manager and flash clockwork in there. Then it will take you to the black screen with white bars. Press the trackball,dont try to scroll just select. It'll reboot then use unrevoked to install the custom recovery image. You should be ok. That's what I did.

dayusmc

Reaction score
With an slcd, you can use ckockwork. Before you install the custom recovery image, go to rom manager and flash clockwork in there. Then it will take you to the black screen with white bars. Press the trackball,dont try to scroll just select. It'll reboot then use unrevoked to install the custom recovery image. You should be ok. That's what I did.

Thanks, I just installed the custom recovery image again after I installed the ROM Manager. and it is fine now. Worked like a charm. Now I am getting ready to pick a ROM