All sounds fading in before they start

Hyliantx3

Reaction score
For some reason, my droid 3 has a brief fade in on all sounds including ringtones and notifications..... I cannot find any way to disable this.... any work arounds? Its quite annoying considering i have short sounds for all my notifications.... I usually don't hear them

Thanks

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I know the alarm clock will do this but I'm not familiar with it happening elsewhere. Have you tried a restart and battery pull?

OP
Hyliantx3

Hyliantx3

Reaction score
I have, but to no avail....

I know the alarm clock has a gradual volume increase option on it so it doesn't scare the crap out of you when it goes off.... but its all sounds on my phone. its like its shutting off the sound until its activated.....Which in theory would save battery, but in the long run, its just frustrating

Hylian

Reaction score
Anyone else have this issuse? I will post a video of the issue if need be.

Hylian

Reaction score
just another bump...

and also pleading with people to try this

turn your phone on. and just turn up the volume knob once... then right after click it again... do you not hear the slow fade in on the first volume increase? Its like my phone suspends power to my speaker until it is used, thus causing it to fade all my sounds in.

Reaction score
I get the "fade" issue if I hole the volume up button for an extended time (3 - 5 seconds or so). Can't say I've ever noticed it during normal use though. I can't replicate the issue during normal use so I can't really help any further. Maybe if you describe a scenario you can reproduce.

-Saik0

spectronics

Reaction score
Same issue

There's a lightweight app called Disable Increasing Ring. No options or adds. Just install it and the problem is fixed.

Last edited: