All service drops off randomly

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by droidx111, Dec 18, 2011.

1. droidx111

droidx111 New Member

Here's the scoop I've had my charge for about 7 months and have never had a problem till the past month. My service drops off. I get no 4g no 3g. I can't make or receive calls or texts. No web. HOWEVER if I turn wifi on and hook up I get service till I shut it off. Sometimes restarting my phone works. Sometimes cycling the data on and off works. Sometimes nothing works and I sit there for 4-6 hours waiting. I notice almost every morning I wake up to no service. And at least once or twice a day ill lose it. Once I get it ill receive all emails and texts.

I had this problem on a stock charge so I had my buddy root it and change a bunch of stuff. While the phone seems much better, the problem remains.

Everytime I visit Verizon they just say its probably where I live....yet I've had Verizon for 8 years...cmon guys really?

Sent from my Gummy Charged GBE 2.0 using DroidForums
  2. CTownDroid

CTownDroid Member

Similar thing happening here, started last week about a week after I updated (stock). Was on a strong 4G connection while sitting in Compuware arenas parking lot in Plymouth, MI, suddenly dropped to 3G then 1x then nothing. Tried to go into airplane mode and couldn't get out of it without a reset. Then lost all connectivity a couple times over the weekend. Today, at home, has been better for the most part but not as good as it was, til lately.

Notice GNex's are having issues also, beginning to think it's network/Samsung related, but who knows, others are having problems too! It's very frustrating when my buddy's iPhone (AT$T) works and I can't even get on the network.
  3. hunterjones35

hunterjones35 New Member

I have been reading in other forums that VZ has been having network outages recently, maybe that is what you are experiencing?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  4. Nyobie

Nyobie New Member

My recent experience is similar for the past month.

VZ has launched the Bionic, Razr and Nexus just weeks apart. I think it's a netwirk management issue where VZ is bumping people off 4G to handle the massive demands. I have no proof, but thinking of how an infrastructure would be managed, it makes sense.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
  5. JoeeDB

JoeeDB Member

Same problem here too.
Search tags for this page
android phone drops to no service
droid 4 lose service restarts

droid bionic service problems

droid charge 1510 drops service

droid three randomly losing service

note 3 randomly looses service

phone drops to 1x and will not make or receive calls