All programs running??

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by jbrewer78, Sep 7, 2010.

1. jbrewer78

jbrewer78 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone,

I just switched over to SS 4.7 last week and it's pretty awesome. However, I've been noticing lately that a lot of the programs will run at the same time, all the time. It usually starts after I open up an app like SportsTap, all of a sudden Youtube, Twitter, Titaniumbackup, maps, and a bunch of other apps will also start running and lag down my phone. I usually use ATK for taking care of the issue, but they usually pop right back up after they've been killed. Is there something I could fix that will make sure that only the apps I choose to run will run? And is there a better task killer out there for this rom? Thanks!

2. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You know, I've been running that advanced task killer ever since I got my phone. The day I got it actually, back in December. Recently I've been hearing things about how Froyo doesn't like task killers, and that It wants to handle the memory itself. So I just uninstalled It yesterday, and I just use the built-in one under settings, applications, running services. A lot of the stuff that ATK was saying was running doesn't show up under running services. I don't know if it was Just making stuff up, but yea a ton of things would just reopen on their own after killing them off. Supposedly 2.2 has better memory management, so the need for task killers is nonexistent. Just what I've heard though. Haven't really been able to tell a huge difference, but it seems to get bogged down a lot less frequently. Try that and post back your results...if you don't mind.

3. jbrewer78

jbrewer78 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

So far so good. You were right, after checking the memory allocation in Running Services, the only application it had in common w/ATK was Sports Tap. I uninstalled ATK, and my phone has been running about the same. However, even after closing down SportsTap from running services, it does not go away! But, I can live with it as long as my battery life remains the same.

4. y0rk

y0rk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    some apps won't refresh while the phone is idle, but when you start to do something and wake it up they all jump up as well. Most decent apps will disappear on their own after they do their thing. Take a look at all the apps that are running for seemingly no reason when you reboot the phone...

Search tags for this page
how can i tell if there are apps running on droid
how can i tell what's running in my samsung razor
how can i tell what's running on my android razor
how do i make sure no apps are running on my s4
how do i tell what is running on my droid
how to tell if apps are running on droid
how to tell what programs are running on android
lots of apps running in my settings

what is running on my droid