All playlists in google music/winamp wiped out after PC connect/disconnect

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Whenever I connect my Droid Razr to my PC, it connects as a USB mass storage device because this phone doesn't allow charge only mode (correct me if I'm wrong). This would be fine, except that whenever I disconnect, even if I wait a few minutes to let it mount the sd card again, when I go to winamp or google play music, it tells me that all playlists have been cleared. I'm guessing that for some reason the path in front of the files in the playlist is no longer valid. I have no idea why the path would change, but I have been unable to come up with another explanation for what is going on. If there isn't an easy answer, maybe I will connect my phone to my eclipse development environment and attempt to debug the music apps. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to fix? I never connect my phone to my PC now, because I have to rebuild all playlists. Thanks.

TechLheaStarr

Reaction score
Deleted Music after PD disconnect

When you disconnect the phone from the computer are you clicking the icon in the lower right hand corner to "Safely" remove the device before disconnecting it from the computer?

OP
P

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
When you disconnect the phone from the computer are you clicking the icon in the lower right hand corner to "Safely" remove the device before disconnecting it from the computer?

Wow no I wasn't doing that and I'm surprised I didn't think to try! Even google support didn't think to ask me that! So I had to safely remove 3 drives related to the phone: internal storage, external storage, and some motocast drive. After I did that though, and disconnected my phone, my playlists weren't wiped! That's super annoying but at least it's possible! Is there an easier way?

TechLheaStarr

Reaction score
Wow, Im really surprised they didnt ask you that. Glad to here that it isnt wiping anymore. :icon_ banana:

epiphone74

Reaction score
Wow no I wasn't doing that and I'm surprised I didn't think to try! Even google support didn't think to ask me that! So I had to safely remove 3 drives related to the phone: internal storage, external storage, and some motocast drive. After I did that though, and disconnected my phone, my playlists weren't wiped! That's super annoying but at least it's possible! Is there an easier way?

You could always put phone in camera mode... that way it is basically in charge only mode.