All Pics Shrunken To Thumbnails (From 1.2mb to 9 - 18kb) NEED TO RECOVER...

mckeeseth

Reaction score
Today I went to unload some photo's I recently took only to find that all of my photo's (100'S) have been shrunk to a practically useless size. These include all photos both downloaded to my Rezound and taken with my Rezound since I purchased it in November. They have all also been renamed from their stock id (ex: IMAG0125) to very odd id's (ex: 10-8C28F386-1211020-1280). The photos are also all out of order and there are some duplicates.

I have downloaded and run SDrescan to no avail. The only app I have recently downloaded that has anything to do with pics is "Dice With Friends" which allows you to use a pic. I'm wondering if it somehow resized all of them for use as thumbnails...

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've searched throughout the web and can find nothing like this.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would tend to agree that perhaps all you're seeing is the thumbs. I've had my Rezound just as long as you and I've never seen an issue with the pictures. If you can, take a look at /sdcard/DCIM and /sdcard2/DCIM and see if your full size images are there.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen with mine. I think that the camera stores images somewhere other than the SD card because when my Rezound bricked last Friday, all I could recover was the thumbnails. There were n photos at all on the SD card even though I had one of the gallery apps downloaded and when I made a new folder, specifically placed it in the ext_sd (or whatever it's called) area. I lost 4 months worth of photos.

frednoyer

Reaction score
just had same problem

I usb connected my new htc rezound phone and was able to upload pics. Only a few were still full sized. All the rest are now thumbnails. I know the ones I uploaded during trip were ok before this. AND, my phone now says there are NO pics left on it. Did you find any solution? Has you problem repeated?

Fred

frednoyer

Reaction score
uploaded directly from sd card

I found them. I had to pull the sd card and upload directly from it. they were all in dcim.

Fred