All out of Milk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sour_milk.jpg

Looks like Samsung is ready to bow out of the music streaming war ending their Samsung Milk services on November 20th of this year. With all the services out there and Apple being available on the Play Store, Samsung hasn't done enough to set themselves apart from the competition. Quite frankly Milk never lived up to the hype and soured.

Sources: Samsung Milk Video - Android Apps on Google Play via
Samsung Announces That Its Milk Video Service Is Shutting Down In November, Surprising No One

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've never heard of this service.
4547755c16e559dfddad6f7a725e499f9ac9169e0f2683db0b1f805c48943723.jpg

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
lol

edit: wow... there was much more here no idea what happened to it.

what I was going to say was, I've never heard of this... there's too damn many streaming services already. these companies need to stop trying to be EVERYTHING to EVERYONE and focus on what they do right.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You are right, its powered by slacker. So confusing. Why not just use slacker?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have heard of it, but never even thought about checking it out. Not sorry to see it go. I'm pretty set in my current ways for streaming.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I've been using it since launch. It's a really decent music service. I flip flop between this and Google Play Music all the time.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I get the same functionality out of Play Music, but it is easier to switch music with Milk.

Samsung is slowly reverting back to being a Google Services OEM. I'm willing to bet that they kill their app store next.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Samsung is slowly reverting back to being a Google Services OEM. I'm willing to bet that they kill their app store next.
I doubt that, unless they through themselves even more into Tizen. They're not done trying to squeeze every drop that they can. I'm guessing this is just a case of poor adoption rates.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
They have already dropped several of their app store related services. Apps will be next.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to their own personal junk that I don't really want. Haha!

I used to get emails from them when they were shutting things down. Most of it is irrelevant to me because I don't but or rent movies, magazines, etc on mobile devices.

When Google launched Play Music it was the first time I jumped on a subscription based service.

I might switch to Apple Music in the future depending upon how the next round of phone buying goes in the family.