All my e-mail accounts are frozen after being accessed by Droid!

yej0001

Reaction score
Got a droid two days ago and started to access my yahoo and two Gmail accounts. This morning I could not use any of these accounts from my Mac. Once I logged in, and tried to look at the mails, the program would freeze. I tried both browsers (Safari and FireFox) - same problem. I have another yahoo account that I have not accessed from Droid; tried that account and no problem there.

This is really annoying. Has anyone encountered the same problem? Is there a fix?

JayMonster

Reaction score
This is NOT a Droid problem. Droid cannot screw up your webmail based e-mail accounts and cause them to freeze on your computer. Period.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This is NOT a Droid problem. Droid cannot screw up your webmail based e-mail accounts and cause them to freeze on your computer. Period.

True ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bbtkd

Reaction score
Got a droid two days ago and started to access my yahoo and two Gmail accounts. This morning I could not use any of these accounts from my Mac. Once I logged in, and tried to look at the mails, the program would freeze. I tried both browsers (Safari and FireFox) - same problem. I have another yahoo account that I have not accessed from Droid; tried that account and no problem there.

This is really annoying. Has anyone encountered the same problem? Is there a fix?

I've found that if I leave the POP Email reader running on my Droid, then the mailbox on the server stays locked and I can't read my mail on my PC. What I have to do is back out of the program on my droid so it does not lock the mailbox. Don't know if this is your problem...

Silver Member
Reaction score

I've found that if I leave the POP Email reader running on my Droid, then the mailbox on the server stays locked and I can't read my mail on my PC. What I have to do is back out of the program on my droid so it does not lock the mailbox. Don't know if this is your problem...
doesn't sound related and your situation even seems hokey. never heard of that one.

JayMonster

Reaction score

POP3 does not maintain a "connection" to your server. It logs in and retrieves what is there. There is no "state" to connect or disconnect from. As 640k says... this sounds hokey. Not denying what you are saying, but something is amiss there as well.

bbtkd

Reaction score

POP3 does not maintain a "connection" to your server. It logs in and retrieves what is there. There is no "state" to connect or disconnect from. As 640k says... this sounds hokey. Not denying what you are saying, but something is amiss there as well.

I agree that it should not do it, but it does.

OP
Y

yej0001

Reaction score
problem solved

It must be a small nasty glitch

When I still had the Droid, I could not use my MacaAir laptop to access my two Gmail and one yahoo accounts which were linked with the Droid. My web browser freeze then quit. Meanwhile, I could use my 5-year old PC laptop to access these accounts. My Droid could always access these accounts and do e-mails

After a frustrating morning trying to sort it out, I went back to the Verizon store and canceled the contracts, and returned the phone. The phone was disconnected from the service and content erased

Bingo! Now all my accounts worked again

I still don't know why this has happened. Somehow having Droid connected to my web-based e-mails accounts made the browser to freeze each time I accessed these accounts from Mac Air. I hope google or motorola engineers are watching this and figure it out. Otherwise, as a Mac user, my choice would have to be iPhone