All media is gone

Covenant

Reaction score
I don't know what happened or what to do.
All the images and mp3 files... :(
I tried to take out and put back in the SD card, but... no use i'm afraid.
What can i do?

OP
C

Covenant

Reaction score
By the way, i forgot to say it's HTC Wildfire.
Please, someone help.......

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums covenant. I am not familiar with the HTC wildfire but if you haven't already, try plugging in to your PC using mass storage and look in your SD folders to see if your media shows up there. It is possible that they are all still there but the phone is just not scanning or reading the right places on your card. The other thing to try is with the phone off, take out the sdcard and carefully clean the contacts with a pencil eraser.

If still no luck, is there anything different you have done with your phone recently; software update, factory data reset?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

B0B0

Reaction score
DUDE this JUST happened to me yesterday after installing the damned bomberman vs zombies app. :mad:

I played for a few, uninstalled it cause the audio quit, then went to work on a wiring harness in the garage. Took out the phone to take a few pictures and EVERYTHING WAS GONE. :angry:. I used a program called recuva to get the images back, but all my audio files are still gone and my album wont recognize the photos that I restored, I had to dump them to a folder on my desktop.

I use titanium back up and am rooted running the SuperClean for the fascinate. I've NEVER seen this happen with an android. I've had it happen with iPhone multiple times. But NEVER with my android, what the hell happened! :frown:

Did you install that bomberman app too?

Thing's I've tried.
Removing my SD card
Using an SD reader in my laptop (this is how I recovered the photos using recuva)
Restored the app with my titanium restore point
Full system restore using CWM, last updated on 8/10/12.

So far nothing has made my album read the photos I drop into the camera folder on my SD card. I can't uninstall the album and re-install it, I've tried. I HIGHLY recommend using titanium backup and CWM recovery to take a full system backup every month. I let TB run every week. I knew last week I should have transferred/backed up my photos to my photo folder on my computer. :facepalm: I should have listened to my gut and done it.

Last edited:
OP
C

Covenant

Reaction score
Well, i dont know how or why, but couple hours ago i took a picture and ALL the media' back!!!! The mp3's & pics! WTF!
So strange...

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Well, i dont know how or why, but couple hours ago i took a picture and ALL the media' back!!!! The mp3's & pics! WTF!
So strange...

Glad you got it sorted out!

B0B0

Reaction score
=[. I did a data recovery on mine, before hand I even checked the directory, it was blank. :(.

Glad yours all came back, my music is still missing and I don't have high hopes of getting the pictures to show up. Even though my media scanner runs just fine every time it boots or I load in my SD card.

OP
C

Covenant

Reaction score
media not shown in anywhere you mean.. i'm so glad things went good.
Sorry to hear you lost you media!

B0B0

Reaction score
Yeah, luckily it wasn't a permanent loss! Well, next time I'll slow down a bit, had I been level headed I may have possibly seen the .nomedia file in the sd card root directory and removed it.

Ohwell, warning to others to back up their stuff regularly!