All marketplace apps result in unsuccessful download

enlghtn7

Reaction score
Sorry to repost this as I have seen similar issues, but none of them seem to be exactly like my issue and none of the suggestions previously mentioned seem to assist me.

I just received my motorola droid a few days ago and have had no problems with getting apps. Tonight, i received a notification that there were updates to Google Maps and YellowBook. When I tried to update, the downloads sat in starting position and then came back with an unsuccessful result. I proceeded to try a couple other small apps to see if it was the particular apps...but no success. I tried uninstalling both apps to see if a reinstall would solve, but still to no luck. I powered off, and when I powered back on, one of the other small apps suddenly completely install properly. I immediately tried to do the maps install again, but it would not work. I am having no connection issues, can browse the internet, download pictures from websites, receive emails, but I just can not get any apps to download. I have tried multiple apps now, I have power cycled my phone 4 or 5 times, tried an airplane mode cycle, but I'm just not getting anything. I thought maybe there was an issue with my signal, but I used my girlfriends phone from the same exact location (same phone, we just got a family plan) and hers was able to get the apps with no problem at all.

The only other thing I can think of is that it is an SD card issue. One of the power cycles yielded an SD Card error on start up and prompted me to format the card. Nothing valuable on there, so I did that, but with no luck. Oddly enough, after the format I lost some of the bigger files (music in particular), but I still had a couple pictures that appeared to still be on the card. I power cycled again and the pictures were gone. I am thinking it could have to do with this as I ran into an issue with the card when I was putting music on the phone. I was loading music when I received a cyclical redundancy error on my PC...so I don't know if that could have completely corrupted the card? Honestly, any ideas at all are welcome...I am very new to this phone and smartphones in general.

Please tell me someone has an idea.

OP
E

enlghtn7

Reaction score
Resolved

I just did a factory reset. I had already done one due to an issue when I received the phone, so this was my first time where there was an apparent software issue that could only be resolved with a reset.

A few days later, my phone completely went crazy. I did a reboot, and when it came up, the red droid screen came up, but after it gave the notification "droid" it just cycled back to a fresh reboot to the droid screen again...and continued that pattern until I pulled the batter out. Had to do a hard reset off the keypad. That was almost a week ago now, and since then I have had no problems. I think that a file transfer issue may have caused an error with my sd card...and this was the reason for the firs initial issue. I have fully reset everything though, and reformatted the sd at this time...so let's hope for no more problems.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good to hear its solved =)