1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

All-in-One Popular threads **Read Before Posting**

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Spectral, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Spectral

Spectral New Member

Alright everyone, since I am a member on literally dozens and dozens of different forums I know one issue that is despised on everyone is when threads are created when threads have already been made that have addressed the posters concerns. So before you even use the search button, and most definitely before you post a new thread, PLEASE take a look at the threads I have in this post to make sure things have not been covered already. I will keep this post updated with the most helpful threads and most popular subjects for "hacking" your Droid. If you have suggestions for threads to be put in here by all means PM me or post a link to it. I am sure there are other useful threads out there in the "hacking" section that I have missed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS WHAT ROOT MEANS (stop asking)
    ** A simple thread to explain what exactly rooting your phone actually means/does

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tethering up and running on droid
    ** A thread explaining and going over how to use your Droid to tether to your
    computer for internet access through your Droid to your Computer.

Root Droid 1 - Regardless of OS
    ** A thread with information on how to properly root your Droid

What I Have Done With a Rooted Droid That I Couldn't Do Before
    ** A thread with information on things you can do once you have rooted your Droid

Tether capability with android-wifi-tether (Wireless Tether for Root Users)
    ** A different tethering thread but this one pertains more to the Wireless aspect of tethering your Droid

You want predictive text wth physical keyboard here is how you do it. You are welcome
    ** A thread on how to use predictive text with your physical keyboard and not just the on screen keyboard

Modifying the boot animation?
    ** A thread with information and discussion on modifying/changing your Droids boot up animation

Application List **ROOTED ONLY**
    ** A thread with a list of applications for your rooted Droid along with small descriptions of what the applications actually do

Droid Dock Hack
    ** A thread with information on how to create your own multimedia docking station

Complete Comprehensive Tutorial on Custom Boot Animations
    ** A thread on how exactly to modify your Droids boot up animation

Custom Recovery Image
    ** A thread with how to set a custom recovery image on your Droid

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashing a ROM on Droid 1
    ** A thread pertaining to flashing ROMs on the Droid 1.

Complete How-To Root, Busybox, Flash/Recovery, Framework-res.apk, custom boot ani...
    ** A very helpful thread with information on many different hacks you can perform on your Droid.

pinch and zoom multi touch
    ** A thread discussing pinch and zoom multi-touch on the Droid

Custom ROMs
    ** Sub-forum on DroidForums.net, which includes all custom ROMs available for the Droid 1.

How To Use ADB: All Commands and Options
    ** A very helpful thread that explains the process of using ADB commasnds from your computer to work with your Droid.

Changing your motorola "M" boot logo tutorial
    ***This is to change the motorola "M" boot logo that you see when you boot your phone to a custom image.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2011
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

changed title for you.....

good thread.
  3. AWB

AWB New Member

Great thread! Not only is it good for new comers but also as a reference for everyone else.

Just a side thought you may want to add the thread on ADB here as well
  4. Spectral

Spectral New Member

Thanks for the title change!! Much better than mine haha. I did add the ADB thread I don't know how I missed that one its one of the more current threads lol.
  5. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member Premium Member

Great one!!! GOood Work!

~Stickied~
  6. kevdog

kevdog New Member

7. Mojo

Mojo New Member

8. Edmvr6

Edmvr6 New Member

Finally! Thank you! Your forgot one: now that the nexusone came out should I wait till it comes out for Verizon or Should I just get the Droid? Or is the nexus that much different from the Droid? There are so many threads like this
  9. bobmundo123

bobmundo123 New Member

ill have to say.. im guilty for creating threads on these subjects.. =X.. wish i looked here first.. Great list! =)
  10. imnot2sure

imnot2sure New Member

dear spectral... i have a friend that has a g1... i was wondering if u root his phone can i flash blackdroid on it????? thanks for the advice if there is some. .:hail::hail::hail:
  11. wilsonltsoi

wilsonltsoi New Member

great thread.
  12. MAzing87

MAzing87 New Member

Where can I find a how to unroot thread?
  13. Brian_Rohan

Brian_Rohan New Member

Thanks for this!
  14. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

This is a GREAT idea, it does need to be updated and to the Mods:

I know this is stickied but something similar to this should be stuck, so no matter what fourm you're looking at, it's the first thread you see!
  15. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie

Could not agree more!!!
  16. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I agree, it needs updating. That should be something the OP should do, don't you think? Before I stick something I ask the OP if they are going to maintain it.

As far as putting it as a sticky in all sub forums, I can think of a lot of places where it isn't necessary. If people want information about hacking they should come to the hacking forum.
  17. Flowing

Flowing New Member

Great thread- one updating note; the wifi tethering thread is fairly outdated, though the necessary information is in the thread if you search later pages (post #435 was what clarified everything for me).

thanks for the post :)
  18. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Is there a thread to UNroot somewhere ? Been searching and can't find one.
  19. bhughesiii

bhughesiii New Member

Having a link in the OP for the topic of how to root droid any version would be nice.
  20. kruxz

kruxz New Member

Good job great post
Search tags for this page

droid hack forms

how to hack motorola droid