ALL Images Show Up In Gallery?!?

monstergirl

Reaction score
Hi,
I feel silly asking this question but all the searching I've done doesn't help. I'm obviously not searching on the right terms. (noob...)

Anyway... Just got my Droid X two weeks ago so I'm still figuring things out. I apparently loaded an app that had a lot of icons associated with it in .jpg format. So, now they are in my Gallery. Yuck. How can I stop ALL images from ending up in the Gallery? I don't see a setting that controls that. I could delete them, but I'm afraid that then the app will be messed up.

I don't want all those silly icons showing up in a slide show!!

Thanks for any suggestions. :)

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Heya,

You could create separate folders and stick what you don't want in there--then the Galery will separate it for you. For example, I have a folder called, "Backgrounds" and stick all of my background images in there. That way, when I pop-open the Galery it has it in its own separate folder called Backgrounds.

Another option, you can get an app called, "PhotoVault" and that way you can hide images which will not appear in the Galery.

Hope that helps!

- Mega

Hi,
I feel silly asking this question but all the searching I've done doesn't help. I'm obviously not searching on the right terms. (noob...)

Anyway... Just got my Droid X two weeks ago so I'm still figuring things out. I apparently loaded an app that had a lot of icons associated with it in .jpg format. So, now they are in my Gallery. Yuck. How can I stop ALL images from ending up in the Gallery? I don't see a setting that controls that. I could delete them, but I'm afraid that then the app will be messed up.

I don't want all those silly icons showing up in a slide show!!

Thanks for any suggestions. :)

OP
M

monstergirl

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions Mega. Will try the folders first. The photo vault app looks cool but I don't have anything to hide! ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Bear in NM

Reaction score
A little late to the party here, but you should be able to use the file ".nomedia" inserted into any folder/directory to keep them from showing in your gallery. Does work on the Droid, not sure about the X, but likley. I have never tried creating this file from scratch, but if you can search your sd card for the file, find it's location and copy/paste to where you do not want gallery to pick up images.

Craig

ZeroAlligator

Reaction score
Thank you so much Craig, the .nomedia file (just an empty file called .nomedia, you can create it on the fly) works perfectly to remove pictures/movies from the gallery. Exactly the solution I was looking for.

-Mark