All I wanted was a cool battery icon.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Boiglenoight Darkstar, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Boiglenoight Darkstar

Ratings:
    +0
    Which I got! However, I'm worried that I didn't do enough research on the consequences of rooting my phone for the sake of having greater aesthetic control over the Droid X.

Here's what I've done so far:

Attempting to apply the FlyX and rubiX ROMs seemed to not do anything. ROM Manager would reboot the phone and no visible changes were apparent. So, I think they at least partially failed, but I don't know what changes were made, if any.

Since rooting and the modifications above, occasionally when I open Battery Manager and touch the battery graphic for usage statistics I get a force close message about process com.android.settings. It doesn't happen all the time.

Finally, I did not think about future official updates from Motorola and what that might do to my phone.

My concern is that due to my ignorance about rooting and ROMs, I may be looking at severe problems down the road. After applying the changes mentioned above, is it possible for me to get out of the deep end of the pool through some kind of factory restoration until I learn more about having superuser access and custom ROMs? I'm reluctant to power up to the factory reset screen in fears of making things worse. Thanks for any tips and advice.

2. Mr_Boomstick

Mr_Boomstick New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you download Koush's Bootstrap? If your phone reboots, but doesn't go into recovery mode (the yellow triangle), then nothing is happening and you should be fine.

I too am looking for a cool battery icon and haven't found one I like yet.

3. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    You can always sbf back to stock for updates or if you just feel youve gone too deep

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

4. Boiglenoight Darkstar

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses. Since I ran into trouble, I'm now running Rubix 1.6 focused. :)