All hope lost in gingerbread?

dzone67

Reaction score
Have we all decided to root except me in hopes of getting an official GB release?!

Loud roared the dreadful Thunder!!!!!

AlexSB

Reaction score
I have lol after about 2 months of being stock I finally decided to root.

AWESOMEbolt

polish23

Reaction score
I rooted the first weekend I had this phone... not for battery purposes, just because I could, besides why wait for something when you can get it right away! Bamf Sense 3.0 GB is awesome!

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
You can root now and when the official GB drops, root and install it or wait for the official version to be made root safe.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

Ambushbug

Reaction score
Have we all decided to root except me in hopes of getting an official GB release?!

Loud roared the dreadful Thunder!!!!!

Both of ours are still unrooted so you aren't alone. It's always been a risk reward thing for me. Although the risk seems minimal, there isn't much reward for me either so I just wait. I'm glad the option is there though if I ever change my mind.

_JDW_

Reaction score
I rooted after getting tired of waiting for GB. Glad I did, phone is awesome now. So much you can do after rooting it. I'm running Gingeritis 1.1 and its good. I bounced around with roms and this one is the best for me, thunderstick is nice though too. It's so easy to root and very worth it. No more iPod envy.

Boot it and Root it! Drinking Miller Lite-ning!

MrKleen

Reaction score
Yes you are one of the last to root. I would recommend rooting but if you don't want to Gingerbread will come soon enough.

SquintyOS

Reaction score
I rooted the weekend I got the phone (release date, for me). Wasn't really having many problems as the rebooting thing was once or twice a month. Just to be safe, I unrooted and flashed both the MR2's (the 1.66 leak and VZW's 1.70) returning to stock. Currently waiting for GB to drop.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I rooted the weekend I got the phone (release date, for me). Wasn't really having many problems as the rebooting thing was once or twice a month. Just to be safe, I unrooted and flashed both the MR2's (the 1.66 leak and VZW's 1.70) returning to stock. Currently waiting for GB to drop.

Just to be safe from what?

SquintyOS

Reaction score

Just to be safe from what?

Accidentally doing something to my phone?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

nateccnn

Reaction score
I rooted the minute root was figured out on this phone. A few weeks later I went back to stock. Then a few weeks later I rooted it again. And finally went back to stock again. I truely can't see any benefits to rooting and getting GB before it comes official as I see no problems with the stock Froyo experience.

Now...I am the kind of guy that given a chance to be legal, I will chose the legal path. When I had no other options for wireless tether (back all the way to the Original Droid days) I used root to gain that ability. Before rooting and installing Wifi Tether I called Vz and begged them to charge me for wifi tether option but they refused so I rooted and did it my way. But now that they have the option on my TB I went ahead and paid the 30 bucks for the unlimited tether and now live in the Vz box and am very happy with the service.

Not saying anything negitive about those who chose to do it the other way. Everything is about choices. I've lived on both sides and have no regrets or remorse. Just pick a side and dive in.

Nate

MrKleen

Reaction score
I rooted the minute root was figured out on this phone. A few weeks later I went back to stock. Then a few weeks later I rooted it again. And finally went back to stock again. I truely can't see any benefits to rooting and getting GB before it comes official as I see no problems with the stock Froyo experience.

Now...I am the kind of guy that given a chance to be legal, I will chose the legal path. When I had no other options for wireless tether (back all the way to the Original Droid days) I used root to gain that ability. Before rooting and installing Wifi Tether I called Vz and begged them to charge me for wifi tether option but they refused so I rooted and did it my way. But now that they have the option on my TB I went ahead and paid the 30 bucks for the unlimited tether and now live in the Vz box and am very happy with the service.

Not saying anything negitive about those who chose to do it the other way. Everything is about choices. I've lived on both sides and have no regrets or remorse. Just pick a side and dive in.

Nate

That's cool... And you are right there isn't anything wrong with stock.

I don't root for tethering since I really don't need it. The reason I root is for the variety of the roms and the different features each brings.

Jeyman

Reaction score
To drop all the crap Verizon apps they put on the phone. lol that was one of my main reasons to root.

I love to change the look of my phone too, so ya. Its up to you if you wish to root the phone. Its not needed by any means, but it is great for battery life and to personalize the phone.

WIFI net is just an extra, I use under 10GB a month(has gone up a little with my EEE pad though.