All Future Android Version Will Come With Intel Love

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;WaPEyA6JoSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WaPEyA6JoSE[/video]
Today Andy Rubin announced that they will be working hard alongside Intel on the next versions of Android to make them fully compatible. Google and Intel have worked before on quite a few projects, but the real big news here is that we finally know that Intel will be a part of future generations of Android.

Intel, the leading PC chip marker, has made some hit lines of processors like the Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 series chips that power most of today's laptops. If they put together their incredible chip architecture, and Android is built to be fully optimized, perhaps we will see speed like no other in our future phones/tablets.

Via: Thisismynext

Last edited by a moderator:

jseah

Reaction score
Sounds like Intel wants to get into the tablet market?

Brockjava

Reaction score
My mind is spinning on the possibilities.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sb1831

Reaction score
and people complain about the pricing of things now...

smokiedabong

Reaction score
:icon_ banana: I can't wait for some high performance , extremely efficient 14 nanometers processors coming out from Intel's Fab 42 , I bet the performance of those will make the current 45 nanometers processors look like stone-age technology .

DamirD1984

Reaction score
what do they really mean optimized for the intel platform?

does that mean that current SoC manufacturers are not android optimized? or won't be optimized in the future?

I really would hate to see google endorse/code/optimize or whatever for one SoC manufacturer...

towgavinfree

Reaction score
My mind is spinning on the possibilities.
3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
:icon_ banana: I can't wait for some high performance , extremely efficient 14 nanometers processors coming out from Intel's Fab 42 , I bet the performance of those will make the current 45 nanometers processors look like stone-age technology .

Ummm 14 Nanometer!? Not anytime soon my friend. The entire industry is struggling to get 22 Nanometer up and running; this means it's still in development and full production will not start for at least another 3-4 years.