ALL D2 Gingerblur questions or problems come here.

gdgtgrl

Reaction score
Dumb, desperate, damsel in distress!!

I hope there is someone kind and patient enough out there to help get me out of the mess I've gotten myself into. I tried to install the pre-rooted GB on my Froyo (2.2) D2 yesterday, and now I don't know if it's a paperweight or not.

I used the method that was posted by P3 using Monster 2.3.2..., and Bootstrap, and now when I unlock from sleep mode, I get a completely blank, black screen although the notification bar is visible and my Lookout & RingGuard are running and I've got icons for Sync, Wifi, an open triangle, signal strength, battery and time. I'm still getting gmail and can read some of them before the phone freezes. None of the front four buttons work correctly, tapping Home twice always brings up Voice Commands. I'm getting the android process.media has stopped working error quite regularly and phone calls go straight to VM. What oh what have I done???

I'm sure you can tell I'm not the most skilled of users, but in my defense, I read and re-read and re-re-read many posts about this, and I THOUGHT I could do it. :icon_ cry:

Could anyone please help??

tb110895

Reaction score
Battery pull and power it back on while holding X. Wipe data and cache and see if that helps. If not, you may have to sbf

Sent From A GB'ed Droid 2

kreep22

Reaction score
Need Help

I upgraded to the leaked GB and my screen been blank for about 20-30 minutes now and it wont go to bootstrap or anything, anyway to fix this problem, thanks in advance

reichbc

Reaction score
2.2 was the issue. You can't install Monster 2.3 over 2.2. You have to be on 2.3.20 to do that, and im talkin a fresh sbf.

SBF to 2.3.20, root it, installl bootstrapper, then install monster.

kreep22

Reaction score
now all i'm getting is the motorola symbol that comes up before the droid 2 eye and it wont go pass it, someone please help me

pylopor

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the 3 sqigally lines mean? It's right next to 3G

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

pylopor

Reaction score
Thank you much. Now I feel like such a n00b.

destin246

Reaction score
Only issues I'm having is the backlights for the keyboard and the home/search/back/menu keys are only working about 25% of the time. I've tried all the settings with no luck.

Anyone else getting this ?

Thanks

just reboot, i had the same issue and a re boot fixed the issue.... not sure about the pocket mode either i turned that off and then re booted and had keyboard lights back :)

But battery mode in performance mode and it will work all the time.

gammaxgoblin

Reaction score
now all i'm getting is the motorola symbol that comes up before the droid 2 eye and it wont go pass it, someone please help me

If u r still stuck here......if u had bootstrap recovery try up to 20 battery pulls...I've had the bootstrap menu appear after about that many

If that doesn't work you will need to sbf.....do you have rsd and the dbf file on your computer?

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Anyone else's haptic from the bottom four keys stop working? I am not complaining as i always had the squid install....just wondering. Everything else is good except pocket mode freaks it out....

reichbc

Reaction score
My contacts always exits when you select a specific contact. You can view the list of all of my contacts, but as soon as you select a specific one, it transitions like it's about to show the details then exits to the homescreen. Is anyone else having this issue? Any fixes?

DO you have any apps frozen/deleted?

I went through and froze a whole bunch of crap that I thought was useless, and when I went back to go into contacts, it did this exactly. I unfroze it all and it stopped exiting out.

If you are NOT freezing anything, then I don't know what to say, but I can tell you that if you are freezing, you'd be appalled at the stupidity caused by freezing an app that seems completely unrelated to contacts.

tb110895

Reaction score
Anyone else's haptic from the bottom four keys stop working? I am not complaining as i always had the squid install....just wondering. Everything else is good except pocket mode freaks it out....

Go to settings>sound and see if you have haptic feedback checked

Iconaw1

Reaction score
Hi all,
This morning I installed the leaked gingerbread update for DROID 2 and I've had some difficulties. The first hour, everything went really smoothly. Soon, I was unable to add icons to the homescreen using the traditional method. I have to now go to add>Applications to add icons. Any help would be appreciated.

-Buckoman

No offense or anything, but i kinda feel like my comment was read and then disregarded. If there is anyone who has this problem, or if there is a way to fix it besides a factory reset (maybe an application incompatibility?). Thank you for your help in advance, and i really hope this can be fixed!
I am also having this problem, I noticed it right after I attached to USB on PC, several icons diapered and would not let me send them to my home screen at all in the normal way of holding down the icon in the apps drawler and then clicking add to home.