All calls no volume.

DiFish

Reaction score
My incoming and even outgoing calls can barely be heard. It's like the speaker is off, but I've checked all the volume levels and no luck fixing the lack of volume. If I put it on Speaker, I can hear a little, but can't turn the volume up. My Droid 2 is less than a month old!

Oh boy...seems to have fixed itself with a power down and power back on! duh....

smokin5s

Reaction score
mine just did the same thing and I have owned it for less than a day. A reboot corrected the issue as well.

Mrgrey06

Reaction score
Its a weird issue I've had to. Gets annoying sometimes too. I did resolve it the same way though. Quick reboot solves it everytime

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

doverbey

Reaction score
same problem / same solution

I have a Droid 2 Global for only two weeks. I've experienced this twice - so far. Yes, restarting it does resolve the problem but that's not exactly smooth in the middle of a phone call, particularly a business call.

polack

Reaction score
Mine just started doing this too. by chance is it due to handcent. I just started using handcent and then the next call did this. possibly just coincidence but i figured i'd ask.

METALdroid666

Reaction score
LOW VOLUME in ear speaker durring calls

I've searched the web high and low for an answer to this issue: During calls, incoming or outgoing, the in ear speakers volume is so low its unusable. The speaker phone works fine, we're talking about the piece you hold to your ear. I've cleaned it, I've checked ALL the settings, I've done a manual reboot, I've taken the battery out while in use, I've done a factory reset, i've even had my ears checked and cleaned to prove it wasn't human error. I found a friend who had the same DROID 2 and compared call volume to find his was a lot louder. I brought it to Verizon and they sent me a "like new" one in the mail. The volume worked fine until about a week later, when the volume went quiet like my first phone. This is where I'm at now... I don't want to keep bringing my phone in to get a "new" one every week. It leads me to believe that I may be using an app that interferes with the phone programing? I don't root my phone or anything, but somebody has to have a better answer for us aside from "blown speaker" or "use a BT headset (this doesn't fix anything on the phone)". Somebody has to have an answer for why so many of these "expensive" phones keep failing