All around sound quality is not good - calls,media,etc.

DVR6

Reaction score
I'm really trying to like this phone, I really am, but man.

Has anyone noticed

#1 ear placement is critical or you get very muffled to inaudable sound on calls.

#2 when your ear is in the correct limited spot the sound seems to be lacking bass (even mid) so when you turn up the volume to overcome wind noise etc it becomes uncomfortable. Also slightly distorts at higher volumes.

#3 when using the speakerphone it is not very loud so you have to really concentrate on the conversation and sometimes pick the phone up and bring it close to hear. Again, hardly any bass so it sounds like a cheap blown speaker. Definitely not Dolby quality and no adjustments. I mean come on.

#4 no way to system wide adjust sound for bass, treble, etc.

#5 when going out from the aux port the top volume is not very much and again no way to add bass etc... My Droid 1 has more output than this phone.

#6 Finally it seems to be very sensitive to wind noise. I can hear a light 5-10 mph breeze in my conversations to the point of distraction.

TDevilsG

Reaction score
I've only made a handful of calls so far with the Thunderbolt but I actually think it sounds significantly better than my last phone (Droid 1). I think the sound is quite good and am surprised to hear differently.

jr313

Reaction score
i dont have any problems hearing or volume wise...mines working just fine sorry to hear ur having problems

genebopp

Reaction score
I really like the way it sounds. Beats my Touch Pro 2 by a lot.

rjcapp

Reaction score
I agree with you when it comes to the speaker phone...

I miss my bag phone ... Lol

I'm really trying to like this phone, I really am, but man.

Has anyone noticed

#1 ear placement is critical or you get very muffled to inaudable sound on calls.

#2 when your ear is in the correct limited spot the sound seems to be lacking bass (even mid) so when you turn up the volume to overcome wind noise etc it becomes uncomfortable. Also slightly distorts at higher volumes.

#3 when using the speakerphone it is not very loud so you have to really concentrate on the conversation and sometimes pick the phone up and bring it close to hear. Again, hardly any bass so it sounds like a cheap blown speaker. Definitely not Dolby quality and no adjustments. I mean come on.

#4 no way to system wide adjust sound for bass, treble, etc.

#5 when going out from the aux port the top volume is not very much and again no way to add bass etc... My Droid 1 has more output than this phone.

#6 Finally it seems to be very sensitive to wind noise. I can hear a light 5-10 mph breeze in my conversations to the point of distraction.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I've only made a handful of calls so far with the Thunderbolt but I actually think it sounds significantly better than my last phone (Droid 1). I think the sound is quite good and am surprised to hear differently.

I agree 100%. I put my OG Droid on an un'used family line and have the opportunity to compare both my Thunderbolt and Droid 1 together. Call quality is considerably better on the Thunderbolt. I've seen several people agree with this too.

OP
D

DVR6

Reaction score
I guess I need to bring mine in to a Verizon store and compare it to a demo. Maybe I'm just being overly picky but audio really isn't the quality I was expecting.

#7 My Droid 1 would startle me if i had the ringer up too loud. This one seems to be about half the volume output.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
90% of my calls are on a Jabone Era however I did make a non BT call today and thought the speaker volume and clarity were fantastic. It was in the middle of a restaurant at that. Speaker sound is ok, but really from a handset I didn't expect all that much.

cpjr

Reaction score
This is literally the first phone Ive ever used that I actually turned the earpiece volume down because it is so loud.

stuigi

Reaction score
I posted the same issue on day 1. I am hoping that an update will fix this.

Juststevenva

Reaction score
Sound to alerts isn't that load to me... alarm yes and the ringer for phone but i don't hear the notifications and if it's plugged in I can't hear anything is there something I can do to fix this?

alboboy10

Reaction score
This is literally the first phone Ive ever used that I actually turned the earpiece volume down because it is so loud.

Me too...I used to turn down my dx too, but this one I lowered it to a minimum and I was still moving away from my family so they wouldn't hear my personal convos

dominick_7

Reaction score
Yes to all counts. While if one comes from an older device like a Droid 1, one. may not be bothered by it..but you can see these and other areas are a downgrade from a droid x. This is judging when the phone and data used to work before a nationwide problem started happening for many people with this new tech.