1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

All Applications Force Close - No Service.

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by edgekrusher, Dec 16, 2009.

1. edgekrusher

edgekrusher New Member

Before I went to sleep last night I set the android to download a bunch of apps from the market. The battery died sometime in the night, and I awoke to recharge the phone and turn it on.

After the initial load screen, all my apps force close and I have to press cancel for every single one. Then my phone refuses to find service here in my home where it usually always has good reception..... This is my first smart phone and I am very lost. How can I troubleshoot this? I imagine one of the 30 or so apps I downloaded is corrupting my phone/computer.
  2. MadDroidTX

MadDroidTX New Member

have you tried powering down, pulling the battery and rebooting?
  3. Jolest

Jolest New Member

This is a no-no in a large apps marketplace. One bad app can take down your phone and you've got a huge list to go thru. I always download a few at a time and then reboot before I forget which ones I downloaded (in case I have to remove one or more of them).

The easiest way to uninstall the bad app(s) will be to use the Android "Market" app. But, you're going to need a nework connection to run Marketplace. If wireless-networking doesn't work. Try setting up a WiFi connection.

If that doesn't work, I hope one of the apps you loaded is one of those with an app uninstall feature because app marketplace won't work without a network link (foolish app design). I use Quick Uninstall or the app manager function in Astro File Manager. In your case, I'd try the latter since it can be configured to show (and sort by) the install-date.

If that doesn't work, you can always fall back to using the uninstaller in the settings menu. (I left this for last because there's no way here to sort the apps by install-order...) From the main home screen, select: menu > settings > applications > manage applications > and then select the app to uninstall. The page that comes up after you select the app has an uinstall button on it.

Good luck. :)
  4. AlanMAC

AlanMAC New Member

5. rcklss1

rcklss1 New Member

To hard reset if you have to...... (factory wipe) turn the phone off hold down the volume up button and send while pressing the end key to power the phone on..... it will bring you to the recovery screen you want the clear memory option selected by using the volume keys ...... note this causes havoc for the phone reconnecting to the network I had to return my first eris it was never the same fterwards for some reason.... your best bet if uninstalling apps doesn't correct it is to bring It to the store for tech support and let them deal with.... aftwr my hard reset it was like 6 hours of tech support with no resolve.
  6. Dark

Dark New Member

This happenned to me randomly. After unsuccesful resets, I removed all apps that I had downloaded in the last week, the one anti virus app I had, any "questionable" apps, and reset it. It worked! Saved me from a hard reset and losing everything.
  7. forest mars

forest mars New Member

which one?

Were you able to determine which of the apps was the problem?
  8. kimikat

kimikat New Member

This happened to me this morning. Read this thread, then I uninstalled from last night's download. Seems to have been better android's open home full.
  9. Rettocs

Rettocs New Member

Same thing is happening to me, but i cannot uninstall anything on a boot. Nothing works on power up. I try to hard reset, but the phone will not go into the recovery mode on power on. HELP PLEASE!
  10. bheath101

bheath101 New Member

working again

just wanted to say thank you for the advice. My girlfriend's eris was doing the same thing, fc all apps on boot and not communicating at all except for gps. She told me that 3 apps were updating and she shut them down before they were done (she has little patience) because she was ready to do something else, lol. so i went in and used the eris's built in app manager and uninstalled the last 3 apps she could remember d/l or updated. Rebooted the phone, works like a champ again.

So we learned that we are not always smarter than our phones. you just gotta let it do its thing and wait till its done.

:motdroidhoriz: on a side note, I have a moto droid and its worked awesome for me thus far.
Search tags for this page
all of my apps have been forced closed on my android?

android every app force closes at startup

android no service force close

apps close when why do i have no service
how to remove force closing app in htc explorer?

htc droid eris no service

htc eris manage applications phone shuts down

htc explorer force close

htc inspire; applications won't load; forced to close applic

htc rhyme apps force close

mail lhtc.net loc:us
my android has a message that says no service
my straight talk touch phone is force closing out all apps
straight talk gs2 contacts force close
why is my dorid htc incrediable getting internet signal but