ALERT! Walmart Droid 1 for $48.88!

ChugIt

Reaction score
They are running out and out of stock about everywhere, but where available the Droid 1 is $48.88 at Walmart RIGHT NOW! Call around guys, see if they are in stock. They had 5 today and we upgraded one of our "extra lines" from Env2 to a Droid. We have 5 Droids and an X in the house now lol.

*NOTE: Make sure you clarify you want the ORIGINAL Droid when you call*
I'm sure there are some associates that don't know the difference and will see the X and be like "Yep, we got em! Come get em!".

There were tons of X's there today too. For those of you that are waiting for yours I'm sure this will probably tick you off. Sorry..... just reporting what I know/saw.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I wonder what the Droid price at Wal*Mart is, if you just buy the phone without a plan?

Can you even do that at Wal*Mart?

OP
ChugIt

ChugIt

Reaction score
That I'm not sure of JimmyD. We just saw it and said "Might as well upgrade the Env2 that we never use and get another Droid before they are extinct!" and got it. Call your local Walmart and ask them, can't hurt.

JimmyD

Reaction score
That I'm not sure of JimmyD. We just saw it and said "Might as well upgrade the Env2 that we never use and get another Droid before they are extinct!" and got it. Call your local Walmart and ask them, can't hurt.

I might swing by my local WalMart at lunch to find out more info... if I can pick up the Droid for $48.88 without a contract, I'm buying one! It's cheaper than the cost of an insurance replacement on my current Droid, in case something happens to mine!

OP
ChugIt

ChugIt

Reaction score
Let us know if you can get it for that without a contract. I didn't even think to ask that because I was going into it thinking "upgrade" for the Env2 line anyways. I'm very curious to know. If so I might snag another one and not activate it and sell it later when they become Bigfoot sightings.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
i doubt it. they usually make you get a contract in store i think? im not sure. but yes do please let us know.

thacrownprince

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but typically the price of the phone without a new contract is 400 dollars more. So I am guessing $448.88. I wouldn't bother getting it off contract because a lot of people are selling their original Droid to upgrade to the Droid Incredible, Droid X and soon Droid 2. So if you don't mind second hand you can probably get one if you do some searching off of craigslist or ebay for 100-200 dollar range. There's no way you can get it for $48.88 without a contract, you can't even get a dumb phone new without a contract on Verizon for that much.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On their website it shows that the Droid is now $1 and in stock (at least in my zip code) if you sign a 2 year contract, but if you want to buy it without it is $549.

Link at Walmart.com

OP
ChugIt

ChugIt

Reaction score
That was very informative and contributed immensely to the site dwagner88. Thanks for that.