ALERT! Droid 2 getting update tonight.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Damn ppl calm down...the update was pulled for a bit...they are testing the update by sending it to a few ppl only...idk why ur so desperate for it all it does is basically add more bloatware (verizon nav)

Sent from my DROID2

Cloppy

Reaction score
Damn ppl calm down...the update was pulled for a bit...they are testing the update by sending it to a few ppl only...idk why ur so desperate for it all it does is basically add more bloatware (verizon nav)

Sent from my DROID2

Its a baseband update too And it improves battery life. Bloatware can be removed easy

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Sent from my DROID2

Its a baseband update too And it improves battery life. Bloatware can be removed easy
I know that, but what I was saying is that I don't really see much difference between the update and how it was before. And bloatware IS easy to remove, but not for those who choose not to root their phones

Sent from my DROID2

everstar80

Reaction score
The bloatware on my device since the update isn't as noticeable as before and I'm unrooted. I understand everyone being upset but they're probably taking precautions to see how it functions and may even make more modifications to make the system better. I hope everyone gets it soon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to go to your settings and have it check for update. It doesn't notify you.

AsrMatt

Reaction score
If you haven't checked lately you might want to check now for your update. I am installing mine right now and I am hoping it was worth all the wait.

dancedroid

Kuzdroid

Reaction score
just updated it and am loving it, much quicker in every way. i downloaded LancherPro a month ago and was just realizing that when i scrolled through homescreens there was a bit of an annoying lag, but with this new update there is no lag. Very good update

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just updated it and am loving it, much quicker in every way. i downloaded LancherPro a month ago and was just realizing that when i scrolled through homescreens there was a bit of an annoying lag, but with this new update there is no lag. Very good update

That's unusual. An update doesn't fix an issue with an app, which is exactly what you describe. You build the app for the update, not the other way around.

Kuzdroid

Reaction score
Well i think what is happening is that the update made the screen more sensative so that trasfered over to LP. But anywho, it is working much better and i am glad

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App