ALERT! 2.2 FroYo Circus continues...FRG01B is Official get it here.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yes. Long-press the file, select edit, then move, back out of the download folder and you'll be on the root. At that point long-press again and select paste. The file will be moved and then it's ready to install.

Osprey

Reaction score
If you use Astro to rename the update file, rename it update -- Astro will supply the .zip. This may save you a few minutes of panic and a hurried post that may end up making you feel bad.

We are not here to make you feel bad. We are here to watch dancing bananas.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Have file downloaded in the download file. Now do I move it to root while in astro?
also, cant seem to figure out how to move it....I press the "move" icon and then.......nothing
If you have it renamed long press on the file then pick move. from there folder up to the /SDcard then pick menu button then paste. that should do it. "note: you can also use copy instead of move then paste. "

bpad10

Reaction score
alright....one person says simply back out of the download folder and paste and one says back out then go into sdcard folder and paste.......which one....I have a quarter....should I take a chance :biggrin:

Osprey

Reaction score
/SDcard (no folder)

look at your thin top bar above the files and folders screen. It will tell you where your at.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
We're saying the same thing. But if you want to donate that quarter to my forthcoming Rogaine treatments, I'll be happy to fleece you of if.

Err, I mean, um...

Nevermind. :D

The root of the SD card is the one that has all the other folders in it. When you open Astro you have to pick which one of the three places you want to go, and one of them is the sdcard. In Astro, this "sdcard" is the root of the SD card.

bpad10

Reaction score
/SDcard (no folder)

look at your thin top bar above the files and folders screen. It will tell you where your at.
Thank you guys tremendously....I'll have to wait until I get home now to finish but I really appreciate all the advice.

slinky

Reaction score
I just find the complaining about the release ludicrous. Nobody is ever happy. Personally, I think I'll start to get really upset about Fro-ya-hi, the 2.5 update, beginning next week. I mean they are moving forward to create a release that they are not required to provide to anyone. They probably want to put it out at the right time, no delay being unreasonable here (like 5 months) and it's not always easy to manage. Sometimes third parties cause problems and you end up being angry at the wrong party.

Then we need to talk about the release. It's physically impossible to release it to everyone at once. Sure it's a pain to wait an extra day or two but when it's released, they are doing what they can to make downloading a reasonably good experience.

I don't see anything seriously "wrong" going on here or why it's a fiasco.

MEEF

Reaction score
I finally received the OTA this morning in Pittsburgh.

jodyberry

Reaction score
Got it last night in Los Angeles.

ver 2.2 FRG01B

After all these thousands of posts on this forum, I'm not sure what the big deal is. I was unimpressed. Looks like a few different layouts and some extra screens.

Maybe someone can school me on why this is such a HOT update!

Thanks all...