Album Artwork

Commander Cool

Reaction score
I don't know if anybody uses any apps like iMusic, but when you download songs with it it doesn't include album artwork. Are their any apps that allow you to set a picture in your gallery as album artwork? And if their aren't would it be possible to make one?

Psychokitty

Reaction score
Album Art Grabber is great. Not free (1 or 2 bucks), but it searches for album art automatically on the internet and it's really fast. It does sometimes pick the incorrect album by the same artist, but when you go to change an individual albums art, it always has the right one listed in the database.
You can also choose a photo from your Gallery.

I don't think there is another art grabber that is free.

OP
C

Commander Cool

Reaction score
Yea I knew of that one, I just didn't know if their were any free ones. I'll just buy it. Thank you very much!

I just found a free way to do it by using Astro the file manager and a program called Meridan

mcinvaille

Reaction score
Artwork Workaround

I switched from the default music player on my Droid to MixZing Lite (free) and it automatically downloads art work that is missing. Switchback to the player of your choice in viola, artworks is there.

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
I use Imusic and sometimes you just have to download the right song to get artwork. I say about 1/10 downloads will have artwork

ToyBoy

Reaction score
I switched from the default music player on my Droid to MixZing Lite (free) and it automatically downloads art work that is missing. Switchback to the player of your choice in viola, artworks is there.

I used MixZing for a while, because I wanted the album art. But the program seemed very buggy and I didn't like how songs would just start playing randomly. I turned off all of the suggestion options but the UI didn't seem as good as the stock music player. Also, it found a lot of wrong artwork, and couldn't find the right ones when I tried to change it. I would just DL the artwork manually, but it's not showing up when I drag and drop on to the SD card.

Any suggestions?

mcinvaille

Reaction score
I used MixZing for a while, because I wanted the album art. But the program seemed very buggy and I didn't like how songs would just start playing randomly. I turned off all of the suggestion options but the UI didn't seem as good as the stock music player. Also, it found a lot of wrong artwork, and couldn't find the right ones when I tried to change it. I would just DL the artwork manually, but it's not showing up when I drag and drop on to the SD card.

Any suggestions?

Not really any suggestions. I did notice that not all of my albums were able to have the artwork downloaded (still, a great feature). However, on my recent trip back (flight) I tried using it on the flight and it is not very functional without a connection (odd and maybe there is a setting to allow that). The main reason I downloaded was the auto-artwork function; still using the default player for all of my playback now.

ToyBoy

Reaction score
I've started using the new RockOn called ^3 (That's a superscript 3). It's pretty good and the UI is cool. Still some problems with the automatic art feature. I asked the developer about a feature to browse for the artwork either on the SD card or on the internet and he said it is doable, but not a priority. Maybe if there are enough users, it will become one.