Album Art

liquidzoo

Reaction score
This is not a post about downloading Album Art :icon_ banana:

I know about the Album Art grabber, and it looks useful, but all of my music (the full albums, anyway) already have album art either through iTunes (Can't seem to find out where the art is stored, but not a big deal) or through the Zune software (which downloads a folder.jpg directly to the album folder).

I've put a bunch of music onto my Droid, and I use it all the time. I've left my Zune at home ever since I got it.

Here's my question: When I copy my music (with the folder.jpg files) to the droid, only some of the album art shows up. Is there a particular file size or type that the album art has to be in order to show up?

athensparks

Reaction score
that is a good question i have the same issue. we need more help on this.

justbob

Reaction score
I have found that if it's 500x500 or smaller it works. Also, it doesn't matter what the file name seems to be. As long as it's in the same folder as the music it will be picked-up the first time you play a song from that album. It also makes a copy of the jpeg to /sdcard/albumart. The file is renamed to some random number, which I can only assume is tied to an internal database key.

OP
L

liquidzoo

Reaction score
I have found that if it's 500x500 or smaller it works. Also, it doesn't matter what the file name seems to be. As long as it's in the same folder as the music it will be picked-up the first time you play a song from that album. It also makes a copy of the jpeg to /sdcard/albumart. The file is renamed to some random number, which I can only assume is tied to an internal database key.

The 500x500 might be part of it. I think that some of my album art is bigger than that; but I'm not sure about playing something for the first time. I put some brand new albums on my Droid, all of which have the folder.jpg, and only some of the art shows up; so it might be something else.

roaddaw9

Reaction score
I can shed some light on this. I use iTunes to manage my music. When I use to sync it to my blackberry, not all of the album art showed up. What I ended up doing was find the script at the link below which goes into iTunes and forces imbedding on your album art into the Mp3 files. Once I ran this script, I never had a problem again. Since I started using my Droid, I always see Album art in MixZing. Without any other interactions.

Downloading Embed Artwork...

OP
L

liquidzoo

Reaction score
I can shed some light on this. I use iTunes to manage my music. When I use to sync it to my blackberry, not all of the album art showed up. What I ended up doing was find the script at the link below which goes into iTunes and forces imbedding on your album art into the Mp3 files. Once I ran this script, I never had a problem again. Since I started using my Droid, I always see Album art in MixZing. Without any other interactions.

Downloading Embed Artwork...

That is excellent! Thank you for that.

I would also like to note that, contrary to my belief, if there is a folder.jpg file in the folder with your music, the first time you play the album it will sync the art with the album. I'm still not sure why some show up and some don't before playing, unless the Zune software embeds the album art where iTunes, without the script above, does not.

FroneDaddy

Reaction score
I just noticed that when I play a song that doesn't have album art it will display a picture from my gallery.

Where is the seeting for that? I never selected a picture for it nor do I want a picture with the songs.

How do I get that pic to stop showing or change what picture shows?

Chizzy

Reaction score
Hi. The album art on my phone is mismatch. I only have two albums. Is there a way to change the art/cover in the media player to fix the issue? Thanks for any assistance.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try Album Art Grabber in the Market...great app :)