1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Album Art

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by liquidzoo, Jan 15, 2010.

1. liquidzoo

liquidzoo New Member

This is not a post about downloading Album Art :icon_ banana:

I know about the Album Art grabber, and it looks useful, but all of my music (the full albums, anyway) already have album art either through iTunes (Can't seem to find out where the art is stored, but not a big deal) or through the Zune software (which downloads a folder.jpg directly to the album folder).

I've put a bunch of music onto my Droid, and I use it all the time. I've left my Zune at home ever since I got it.

Here's my question: When I copy my music (with the folder.jpg files) to the droid, only some of the album art shows up. Is there a particular file size or type that the album art has to be in order to show up?
  2. athensparks

athensparks New Member

that is a good question i have the same issue. we need more help on this.
  3. justbob

justbob New Member

I have found that if it's 500x500 or smaller it works. Also, it doesn't matter what the file name seems to be. As long as it's in the same folder as the music it will be picked-up the first time you play a song from that album. It also makes a copy of the jpeg to /sdcard/albumart. The file is renamed to some random number, which I can only assume is tied to an internal database key.
  4. liquidzoo

liquidzoo New Member

The 500x500 might be part of it. I think that some of my album art is bigger than that; but I'm not sure about playing something for the first time. I put some brand new albums on my Droid, all of which have the folder.jpg, and only some of the art shows up; so it might be something else.
  5. roaddaw9

roaddaw9 New Member

I can shed some light on this. I use iTunes to manage my music. When I use to sync it to my blackberry, not all of the album art showed up. What I ended up doing was find the script at the link below which goes into iTunes and forces imbedding on your album art into the Mp3 files. Once I ran this script, I never had a problem again. Since I started using my Droid, I always see Album art in MixZing. Without any other interactions.

Downloading Embed Artwork...
  6. liquidzoo

liquidzoo New Member

That is excellent! Thank you for that.

I would also like to note that, contrary to my belief, if there is a folder.jpg file in the folder with your music, the first time you play the album it will sync the art with the album. I'm still not sure why some show up and some don't before playing, unless the Zune software embeds the album art where iTunes, without the script above, does not.
Search tags for this page
album art
how to add album art on mixzing
how to find clipart on droid m
where are album art located in android
where are clipart files stored on a droid

where is album art stored on android

why doesn't album art show on android