Alarm when droid is touched

Royal2000H

Reaction score
I can't seem to find this in the market.
Is there an app you can run that will sound an alarm when someone picks up my droid?

It would be useful to deter theft and/or messing with my phone..

jacestone40

Reaction score
I have been looking for one also there was something called Sherriff but it was not for the android (2.0)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there an app you can run that will sound an alarm when someone picks up my droid?

I'm not usually concerned about this but for some reason I just think this is a great idea. Hopefully an app developer will come up with something.

I know many people here are very concerned about their security. Imagine, perfect for the guy who doesn't want his girlfriend fishing through his phone.:D

murflee33

Reaction score
theres one called motion and sound alarm that might be what you're looking for:).

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

Normally not a problem for me as I generally don't hand my phone to people nor leave it 'laying around' unattended. Even when I do I seriously doubt anyone would pick it up with the intention of steeling it.

But then I'm 6'2" @ 250# AND always carry my .40 XDm so that may have something to do with it:icon_ devil:.

OP
Royal2000H

Royal2000H

Reaction score
My buddies like sending out texts if they see your phone laying around...

and +1 @ hookbill
I'll check out the 2 mentioned ones. Thanks.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can see the motion activated alarm being used for a security alarm type thing....hang it on the doorknob in a bag. Drop it in a purse, etc. I think you need to set the alarm each time you want it set so that doesn't sound useful for when you set the phone down and you don't want someone accessing it. Locking the phone with a security pattern you always need to unlock it with sounds better suited for keeping prying eyes away.