Alarm sounding when phones on Vibrate....

tielerjon

Reaction score
Hi, i have a small issue with the Fascinate. I have alarms set to go off throughout the day to remind me to do things. When im at work i turn my ringer off and set the phone to vibrate. BUT, when my alarm goes off it still rings, instead of just vibrating. When i receive a call, text or e-mail it works fine and vibrates. But it doesn't work that way for the alarm. So, is there anyway to turn the phone 100% on vibrate?

fluidj

Reaction score
Hi, i have a small issue with the Fascinate. I have alarms set to go off throughout the day to remind me to do things. When im at work i turn my ringer off and set the phone to vibrate. BUT, when my alarm goes off it still rings, instead of just vibrating. When i receive a call, text or e-mail it works fine and vibrates. But it doesn't work that way for the alarm. So, is there anyway to turn the phone 100% on vibrate?

I don't think there is a full silent mode. When you go into Settings/Sounds and switch the phone to "Silent Mode" it says "All sounds except media & alarms are silenced"
Yeah, that's kinda dumb.

OP
tielerjon

tielerjon

Reaction score
Maybe just setting a calender event or task with a daily notification would be the way to go.

rxlaw

Reaction score
I believe if you launch the alarm app, then hit the menu key to go to settings, in settings there is a setting for the alarm to go off in silent mode.....I think you make sure that is NOT checked and that may do it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

LinenEphod

Reaction score
Download the AudioManager Console widget from the market. It's free and puts all your audio controls in one place as a widget on the home screen.

I use it all the time for the reasons you mentioned.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App