Alarm Clock

Sylent

Reaction score
Ok so yea I really hate waking to the default alarm clocks they kinda annoy me, how do I use the ringtones ive created at phonezoo or play/select other media as my alarm clock?

Sorry if this has been answered a lot but thanks in advance for any help.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those stock alarms are horrible to wake up to. I'd love to know if there's a way to set others sounds as well.

skipwiley

Reaction score
I am a Newb but I tried every free alarm there was, even lighting bug which is cool but it killed my battery. I had to buy "Alarms" by Chillingo which let me use at least the default ringtones. The price was in British pounds which triggered an unauthorized use from my credit card so I had to call them (India call center, big surprise) to authorize the charge. My Razor at least let me use any ringtone as an alarm. That is my only Droid complaint.

matthai5

Reaction score
The way to add it that I know of is to:
1st. Go to your music
2. Select song you want as the alarm. Press menu and select use as ringtone.
(alternatively you can hold your finger on the song until the window pops up and select use as phone ringtone)
3. Go to alarm clock. Select alarm you want to change, select ringtones and it the song you added should now be in the menu.

bbucks36

Reaction score
On JB. Might of froze an app that conflicts with the alarm. Noticed that cannot use personal ringtone. Or with JB you cant to begin with. Anyone?

BePrepared

Reaction score
I really don't understand your question. If you're asking where the alarm is, you click on the Clock app, then on set alarm, and it works the same as it did before.

bbucks36

Reaction score
Im asking. In stock ICS you where allowed to change the alarm to music. I froze apps in JB but never tested the alarm before I did.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Im asking. In stock ICS you where allowed to change the alarm to music. I froze apps in JB but never tested the alarm before I did.

I don't see any way to set it to play music for the alarm in the dock mode settings or alarm clock settings.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use one called puzzle alarm clock. I love it. Check it out, its on the market.

unbesorgt

Reaction score

If you are rooted, you can move .ogg files to the /system/media/audio/alarms folder, reboot, and they will then be available to use as alarm tones. Not sure if this works with .mp3 files. Make sure you know what you're doing before modifying the system partition.

BTW this has nothing to do with frozen bloatware -- it's just a difference between JB and ICS for some reason.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
If you are rooted, you can move .ogg files to the /system/media/audio/alarms folder, reboot, and they will then be available to use as alarm tones. Not sure if this works with .mp3 files. Make sure you know what you're doing before modifying the system partition.

BTW this has nothing to do with frozen bloatware -- it's just a difference between JB and ICS for some reason.

Just rename the .mp3 file extension to .ogg. Then reboot and select your sound.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums