1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Alarm Clock Woes

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by Taco, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Taco

Taco New Member

Last night my alarm as always using the stock alarm on the phone. I always use the same times and same tones to wake up to. I checked the boxes next to the times and it said I was good to go.

I woke up this morning and the alarm clock icon was missing from my status bar. I figured oh crap maybe I didn't set them. Then I open the clock app and sure as you know what, my alarms are toggled on. I uncheck one of the two I have set and now the icon reappears in my status bar. I tested the alarm again and all went fine.

I'm guessing maybe the phone rebooted in my sleep and that glitched the clock? But I can't find the uptime counter on the phone that shows time since last reboot so I cannot validate that theory. I also wonder if maybe the phone went to sleep and that could've glitches it. No idea about that though. Any ideas or similar issues?

Running stock OTA ICS rooted.

Sent from my stock rooted ICS Rezound using Droid Forums!
  2. Malkavian

Malkavian Member

I stopped using the stock Alarm clock for trying to wake me up. I now use Alarm Clock Extreme. I like the graduwake feature that slowly raises the volume when the alarm starts sounding. I know this doesn't help to determine why the clock stopped, but can give you an alternative.

Michael
  3. Taco

Taco New Member

Maybe I will give it a shot, thanks!

Sent from my stock rooted ICS Rezound using Droid Forums!
  4. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

I use the stock alarm clock in the Rezound, and have never had a problem with it, it just doesn't wake me up all the time because the alarm sound only plays for a short time, then goes into snooze mode automatically, and repeats several times then it just seems to give up.

The alarm clock will (should) stay during a reboot, I just looked and can't find uptime anywhere in ICS, either the Global RUU or the official OTA.

I would suggest setting an alarm during the day with a mild ringtone and trying it to make sure it works, or like Malkavian said, try a different alarm clock application, there are several in the Play Store.
  5. sp3ar2envi

sp3ar2envi New Member

Since I've got the phone my alarm clock (stock one) has been solid and had it not gone off last year would have been rough...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  6. Smooth23

Smooth23 New Member

This issue has been happening to me. I haven't noticed the missing alarm icon on top, but I haven't looked either. This happened to me friday, saturday, then again today(tuesday). I'm an extremely light sleeper, so there is no way I just slept through them. I would say there is definitely something amiss. I'm running Rezound with ICS, not rooted, nothing fancy.
  7. dan j

dan j New Member

Anyone else missing their ENTIRE alarm setup? Mine is GONE. I can't figure out where it went, but what a PITA. I know, I could use an aftermarket, but I have a ton of alarms in there that I need access to first.

Any help?
  8. dan j

dan j New Member

I forgot to mention that I noticed my screen lock (just the slide the ring thing) was missing. A restart started it again.
  9. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Have you done a factory reset since getting the ICS update? It is highly recommended and clears up most "weird" issues.
  10. dan j

dan j New Member

So my alarms still rang this afternoon. I have no way to access the settings though :mad:

I haven't but I've had the update for months (?) so this seems like really odd timing.

Also, I really don't want to wipe the data until I can access those alarms and write them down.

Thanks
  11. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Remember all alarms stuff if based around the Clock app by HTC, so, if you go to the App Dock and open Clock, there is no Alarms options at the bottom of the screen?

How about if you add an HTC Clock widget to any screen and tap on it, should take you there as well.

Did you go to Settings-Apps-All and verify Clock is their and not disabled (if it's disabled, it will be at the very bottom, not alphabetical)
  12. dan j

dan j New Member

Crazy huh? Yup, I can click on the HTC clock widget and get "Desk Clock, Timer, World Clock and Stopwatch". That's it, the alarm clock settings are gone. Going to settings the clock is not disabled.

Crazy, huh?
  13. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

I am actually kind of dumbfounded... I dug through my phone and played around some, couldn't do anything to make the Alarm settings go away. Think I would go for a Factory Reset next, never fun but almost always clears up the problem.
  14. dan j

dan j New Member

Didn't get my wake up alarm today :(
    View attachment 57026

Here's a screen shot showing the missing alarm clock. When I hit snooze on yesterday afternoons alarm I could see the "note" in the drop down menu but when I clicked on the alarm icon it goes to the above screen :(

I'm guessing you're right about a factory reset, but like most folks, I hate doing it. I'm still hoping the alarm will reappear so I can write down all my presets.
  15. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Hmmm... I did a mini-guide once on tips for doing a Factory Reset, will see if I can find it and copy here or link you too it. Having something to give you a direction usually makes it a little easier.

EDIT: Here it is:

You will lose all your settings in apps, playlists, etc. and anything on the HTC STORAGE volume (internal storage), anything on the un-named volume (external SD card) will be fine.

BTW, if you are going to go this far, it might be worth while to reflash either the official OTA RUU or the leaked Global Mode RUU after the factory reset, it will ensure everything is at clean, fresh starting point and there is no residual Gingerbread "junk" hanging around in the firmware.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  16. dan j

dan j New Member

Thanks Ace. I still haven't done the wipe (too many things I'll loose) but I'm really surprised no one else has reported this problem.
Search tags for this page

alarm clock htc rezound

alarm on htc rezound
how to disable alarm on htc rezound

how to set alarm clock on htc rezound

how to set alarm on htc rezound
how to set alarm on rezound
htc adr6425lvw set alarm

htc rezound alarm clock

htc rezound alarm clock missing

htc rezound alarm clock not working

htc rezound my alarm stopped showing up