alarm clock/timer problems

lgtrumpet

Reaction score
Since last system update I can no longer use my Motorola Dock. And I have no "timer function" on my phone within the Alarms app. Anyone else ?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What type of dock are you using and what issue are you experiencing? Are you getting a message like "unfortunately dock mode has stopped?"

From what I have read / heard the new Jelly Bean clock app no longer has a timer feature.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Network error....posted the same thing twice.

OP
lgtrumpet

lgtrumpet

Reaction score
I have the "basic Motorola" dock. $50 at Verizon store, has been working until Jellybean update. Yes, it simply says, it has stopped working.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have the "basic Motorola" dock. $50 at Verizon store, has been working until Jellybean update. Yes, it simply says, it has stopped working.

Here is what got my desk dock working again:

1. Turn phone off...remove battery for two minutes and turn on again.

2. Go to Menu > Manage Apps > All > find Desk Dock and open. Select Clear Data.

3. Manage Apps again > Select Google Play Music. Uninstall App Updates...select OK to uninstall and replace with default / factory app.

After that when you put your phone in the dock it should prompt you with choices (charge only, dock mode, etc. and a "remember selection" option). The new dock mode has bedside and productivity modes...just swipe left to right and you will see bedside mode and productivity mode. My phone worked great in the desk dock afterward...looks different now with JB but I like it. I like the new color scheme.

OP
lgtrumpet

lgtrumpet

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply SAJOKAZ. I really liked the docks features. I used it at night for the alarm clock feature. Guess I will just plug in my charger cord from now on. )-: But having a timer was a nice thing for various reasons. Know of any good timer apps?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the reply SAJOKAZ. I really liked the docks features. I used it at night for the alarm clock feature. Guess I will just plug in my charger cord from now on. )-: But having a timer was a nice thing for various reasons. Know of any good timer apps?

The alarm clock feature still works in the dock. I use mine in the desk dock as an alarm clock every night.

OP
lgtrumpet

lgtrumpet

Reaction score
Hooray!

Thanks! (-:
I now have the do k working again and yes I too like the new look! Many thanks, you were very helpful.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You are welcome. Glad I could help.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Know of any good timer apps?[/QUOTE]

I have read other folks like a free app called "AlarmDroid." Apparently has a lot of the old timer features in it. Don't know 100% for sure though, just what I have read.

Ratamacue2

Reaction score
Thanks! (-:
I now have the do k working again and yes I too like the new look! Many thanks, you were very helpful.

Question for you. Did you ever flash an FXZ image to your phone? A number of people are trying to troubleshoot an issue that prevents the phone from recognizing any of the docks.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hey sajokaz. As you can see, still no joy on getting this sorted. Thanks for trying to help out over on the Motorola forum.

You are welcome. Quite a few people have been able to get their phones working in the docks again with these simple steps, but they all have non-rooted phones. I have no idea why yours is not working, but hope you can figure it out.

rawveeda

Reaction score
2 good timer apps

My 2 favorite timer only apps (not full alarm clock & timer or stopwatch....just timer) are
[h=1]CC Alarm(Countdown & Cooking)by 4Webs[/h]and
[h=1]Yata! Yet Another Timer App by Emmanuel P[/h]Both programs are Free, small, and will display over the lock screen. The only drawback to CC Alarm is it does not display any info in notification bar while running. Yata! does show in the notification bar.

Enjoy