Alarm Clock Not Working

JMM

Reaction score
This seems to be something easy to figure out, but Im having a problem. When I set the alarm and test it, it works fine. Then I set it for 5:45 Am Monday thru Friday. Come 5:45AM and nothing!! There is really not much to set up, but the damn thing is not working. Any ideas?
Also the sound quality of the phone is not very good, i understand there is a procedure to improve it, can anyone provide me with it? :icon_eek:

D

dman91

I had the same issue before and fixed it.

Do you have a task killer app installed on your Droid? If so, don't let it kill the alarm clock or it won't ring. I have Advanced Task Killer and whenever I'd kill the alarm clock app, it wouldn't ring.

warrior21

Reaction score
Do you have your phone in silent mode at night? Go into the alarm clock settings and make sure the box is checked so the alarm still goes off in silent mode

Reaction score
probably the taskkiller problem. I had the same issue. now I make sure that before I go to bed the alarm shows on the unlock screen.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Advanced Task killer FTL.. i had that dumb app and my alarm didnt go off... remove the app killer.. you can have the ringer off and the alarm will still sound, i turn off notifs everynite.

OP
J

JMM

Reaction score
Thanks. If I kill the app (Task Killer) do I need to manually kill apps regularly to free memory?

billyidle

Reaction score
No, you do not need 3rd party task killers to free memory, Android does that for you.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Advanced Task killer FTL.. i had that dumb app and my alarm didnt go off... remove the app killer.. you can have the ringer off and the alarm will still sound, i turn off notifs everynite.

Well if you have ATK kill your alarm clock.. then it won't go off.

OP
J

JMM

Reaction score
How do I kill the task killer app?

billyidle

Reaction score
If you're unsure of how to use a 3rd party task killer without screwing your phone up, just uninstall it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How do I kill the task killer app?

you have to uninstall it through Settings> Applications> ATK

i have ATK just to make sure my browser or facebook closes, i never really touch anything else.

AllMyShelties

Reaction score
My alarm clock no longer works.

It comes up with the message 'the application alarm clock (process com.android.alarmclock) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.'.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks for any and all help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My alarm clock no longer works.

It comes up with the message 'the application alarm clock (process com.android.alarmclock) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.'.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks for any and all help.

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I'm not that familiar with the X and I haven't heard of this issue but that doesn't mean you don't have one.

First, have you been shutting your device on and off at all. That usually will allow everything to reset and you shouldn't get that message.

If you're doing that and still having issues then you can try a 30 second battery pull, that will allow the capacitors to discharge but I have no idea if it will solve your issue.

You're still in your first 30 days, if you don't figure it out take it back and get another.

xholmezx78

Reaction score
Yes I have noticed the same problem, sans error message. Im not quite awake to notice the error, only notice that not 1 of my 3 scheduled alarms went off.

So I have tried battery pull, rebooting the device, reset to factory defaults, all to no availl.

Then Verizon pushed the updates yesterday. So I figured I would download and install, thinking it would fix the issues, and nothing. Still no alarm clock.

Now during my testing, I can get the alarm clock to go off, if I set it within 30 mins. Anything beyond 30 mins, the alarm does not sound off.