Alarm Clock Issue #2

HappyHour

Reaction score
Hi. Trying to get the alarm clock to work. I've set it many times and turned off the increasing ring volume. It seems that if I put it in sleep mode it doesn't turn on in the morning. It didn't wake me at all today. Don't know why I can't get it to work. Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions? I need to use it when I travel.

I'd just want to clarify the sleep mode. If you hold the power button down you have 4 options: silent, airplane, sleep and power off.
I put it on sleep at night b/c I thought this would save battery life. Sleep modes reads: low power, instant on, wireless off.

So with that clarification why doesn't this phone turn on if the alarm is set to wake at a specific time???

Isn't that what instant on means?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Dunc

Reaction score
I'm no Razr guru, but my guess is that putting it in sleep mode is like putting your computer in standby mode. It's still powered on but all functionality stops to only use power to keep the phone barely alive. Just turn the screen off by hitting the power button once like normal and you'll be fine. It won't use that much power just sitting overnight with the screen off and not doing anything.

Deron

Reaction score
I don't think apps work in sleep mode. The alarm is an app.

Instead, visit the post near the top of this forum about battery life to learn about the smart action app. If you set it up correctly (to turn off cellular data when the screen is off), the phone will drain about a half to one percentage point per hour of battery life while still allowing you to receive calls/texts (or silence them if you wish) and run the Alarm app. Problem solved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Yes... I just saw a similar thread. Sleep mode is just like powering off except it has a fast boot time. It's like a computer, it saves your info in the RAM so it looks the same when you boot up.

So... Just if nothing else, remember that sleep mode is like powering off! ;)

OP
H

HappyHour

Reaction score
Good Advice.. Learning so much stuff. Thanks for your help. I'll have to read more about the smart applications. Oh and btw the alarm DID work this morning. I just didn't turn the phone off to sleep mode last night. Thanks again!!!