Alarm clock and battery life

Larcen26

Reaction score
Hello all...
I am posting to ask just how harmful to your battery is leaving it plugged in overnight.

I mainly ask because wheb you get up two hours before your wife it is preferrable to have an alarm clock that you can take with you instead of accidentally hitting snooze.

So am I killing my battery because I want to have it plugged in to avoid it powering down and making me late for work?

Any thoughts would be helpful...

OP
L

Larcen26

Reaction score
103 Views and no responses?
Any input is good input...

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I use my phone as my alarm and keep it plugged in every night. I have had no issue save one that I think was a bad battery more than anything. Since switching batteries well over a month ago everything has been fine.

As far as I know these phones and batteries are designed to stop charging once full and run off of AC when plugged in.

biknut1

Reaction score
Plugged In

Hello all...
I am posting to ask just how harmful to your battery is leaving it plugged in overnight.

I mainly ask because wheb you get up two hours before your wife it is preferrable to have an alarm clock that you can take with you instead of accidentally hitting snooze.

So am I killing my battery because I want to have it plugged in to avoid it powering down and making me late for work?

Any thoughts would be helpful...

I switched to this D2G in December of last year. Sometime after first of this year, I switched to a Gorilla Gadgets Extended Battery. I have plugged it in every single night, and used the alarm clock most nights with no problems.

According to the "battery experts" you read on here and other forums, your battery might poop out a bit sooner than it would have under "ideal" charging schedules. But all of that is garbage to me if the phone isn't ready to use when I want to.

So, short answer- plug it in when you go to bed, unplug it when you get up. When your battery does die, order another from Amazon for $5 or so. Problem solved....