Alarm clock a disappointment after D4

Boat

Reaction score
Finally got VZW to cave on giving me an early upgrade and love my new S4. However, I'm nonplussed with the stock clock/alarm vs. my old D4. Am I missing something or is there no way to use your music as the alarm tone? Also, you're limited in setting up various alarm times/sequences. If I'm not missing something, what is everyone's favorite alarm clock app?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I don't think I've ever used the stock alarm ever. I use Alarm Clock Plus★ on my S4 and have used it for years on my previous phones...

Another good one to try is Alarm Clock Xtreme

Tankwylde

Reaction score
Alarm Clock Extreme is the best I have found. It has never let me down

grvr6

Reaction score
Finally got VZW to cave on giving me an early upgrade and love my new S4. However, I'm nonplussed with the stock clock/alarm vs. my old D4. Am I missing something or is there no way to use your music as the alarm tone? Also, you're limited in setting up various alarm times/sequences. If I'm not missing something, what is everyone's favorite alarm clock app?

How did you get VZW to give you an early upgrade?

steeletown

Reaction score
Finally got VZW to cave on giving me an early upgrade and love my new S4. However, I'm nonplussed with the stock clock/alarm vs. my old D4. Am I missing something or is there no way to use your music as the alarm tone? Also, you're limited in setting up various alarm times/sequences. If I'm not missing something, what is everyone's favorite alarm clock app?[/QUOTE

Open your music player app go to the song that you want to use as your alarm long press and then tap set as.

OP
B

Boat

Reaction score
How did you get VZW to give you an early upgrade?

It turned out the other members of my family's phones were up for upgrade leaving me, the bill payer, the only one without. I pulled at her heart strings and guilt tripped her into lobbying her manager for an exception. That, and saying I felt like they wanted me to take my business elsewhere. The trick is to not get confrontational. Thanks for your feedback and good luck...

Last edited: