alarm app keeps turning off...

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
i am rooted, i am using 928's black glass theme via MM, and i have it excluded via advanced task manager. my issue is that the alarm turns off, or atleast the icon dissapears and when i re-open alarm, and de-select an alarm the icon reappears and it turns back on. also it will leave my lock screen at the same time when this all happens, thats why i believe it turns off. can anyone help me? i need my phone to wake me up in the morning!!!!

Reaction score
Get rid of the task manager. I know you said you had excluded it, but the alarm/clock process is clearly being killed.

ATM is only slowing your phone down anyways.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
Get rid of the task manager. I know you said you had excluded it, but the alarm/clock process is clearly being killed.

ATM is only slowing your phone down anyways.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

yes i would agree, IF (and after actually witnessing the alarm dissappear from the status bar, i went to ATM and it was indeed STILL ON! but my alarm did NOT go off this morning. so its not being killed, but the alarm is literally turning itself off...while keeping the app on, i have never had this issue until last night, when i was trying to get 928's update.zip theme to work (i failed) and then i just reinstalled his normal MM theme, and now im back to stock themeing.

edit: i made sure to also not only exclude it, but exclude it from auto-killing just incase. and when atm auto killed it still ran, i checked back some time later and the icon was gone, but still running in ATM.

Last edited:

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I had this once briefly, but I think it popped up while switching roms around and I haven't seen it since. Do you by chance have two alarm programs on your phone? (Maybe the original alarm program, and the newer one with weather/music/photos?) If this is the case, maybe get rid of the older one and use the newer one? Don't know if this will help, but it's just an idea.

Edit: My GUESS, was that the phone wasn't seeing the pre 2.1 alarm as part of the os, and it was the android's internal task manager that was killing it off. Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
I had this once briefly, but I think it popped up while switching roms around and I haven't seen it since. Do you by chance have two alarm programs on your phone? (Maybe the original alarm program, and the newer one with weather/music/photos?) If this is the case, maybe get rid of the older one and use the newer one? Don't know if this will help, but it's just an idea.

Edit: My GUESS, was that the phone wasn't seeing the pre 2.1 alarm as part of the os, and it was the android's internal task manager that was killing it off. Good luck!

any idea how to fix that exactly? or should i just wipe my data etc and install the stock 2.1 rom and start over more or less

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure, since I don't have both on my phone at the moment. I don't know if it will let you uninstall from the phone os, you may have to find/remove the *.apk using adb or a root explorer (possibly in system/app) The "old alarm" was included as a feature in quite a few ROMS, so even if you start all over, you may just be installing it again later.

But if it were me, I'd just start using the newer alarm instead of the old one, and see if it continues to shut itself off. Do you have two *stock* alarm programs on the phone?

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure, since I don't have both on my phone at the moment. I don't know if it will let you uninstall from the phone os, you may have to find/remove the *.apk using adb or a root explorer (possibly in system/app) The "old alarm" was included as a feature in quite a few ROMS, so even if you start all over, you may just be installing it again later.

But if it were me, I'd just start using the newer alarm instead of the old one, and see if it continues to shut itself off. Do you have two *stock* alarm programs on the phone?

all i could find was that ONE, but im going back to a much earlier nandroid to see if the issue continues...and i will make sure to NOT restore any system apks, like alarm etc just to make sure i have no issues, but if i do i might need to start from a fresh data wipe or something