AKO Email Problems?

IceCold357

Reaction score
Okay I am really getting frustrated that I am not able to check my AKO (Army Email) on my Droid. I have tried all settings when setting it up and I am just having no luck. With my iPhone I was just able to put in my username and password and it started right up. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is with this. Is the Motorola Droid just not able to check AKO Email? If that's the case does anyone know if there is a fix coming for this? And yes I have searched the forum and still coming up with no answer. I have had my Droid for about a week and this is really the only issue that I have with the the phone. Any help would be great!

joshua117

Reaction score
i'll try to help. ok i think these are the correct settings:

imap.us.army.mil
ssl, all certs

mailrouter.us.army.mil
ssl, all certs
sign required

and on user name leave off the @us.army.mil

hope that helps

OP
I

IceCold357

Reaction score
i'll try to help. ok i think these are the correct settings:

imap.us.army.mil
ssl, all certs

mailrouter.us.army.mil
ssl, all certs
sign required

and on user name leave off the @us.army.mil

hope that helps

Still nothing. I can't get past the 2nd screen where it says

Username

Password

IMap Server

Port

Security Type

IMAP path prefix
(optional)

I don't even see anything about the mail router

OP
I

IceCold357

Reaction score
Okay I finally got it. I wasn't adding the IMAP onto the us.army.mil

Thanks a bunch man! You are a lifesaver. Now my Droid is complete!:icon_ banana:

mmedic

Reaction score
I have all the settings as noted. I get an error telling me I am using the wrong user name and password. I tried the same info on the acual AKO page and it works. Please help

Papito07

Reaction score
AKO Webmail...DROID

If you haven't got it done already, here goes:

1. Launch the Mail App
2. Select Add Account
3. Select Manual setup
4. Enter the IMAP SERVER information (incoming: imap.us.army.mil)
5. Select SSL from the security drop down menu
* The port number will be assigned automatically and ACCEPT or CONTINUE when asked
6. Enter the STMP information (outgoing: mailrouter.us.army.mil)
7. Select SSL from the security dropdown menu
* The port number will be assigned automatically and ACCEPT or CONTINUE when asked
8. Click Finished

Good Luck...it works like a charm!

droidxtreme

Reaction score
Droid Incredible having AKO email issue

When I try to set up the setting, which I have correct as I have triple checked, the screen from incoming email where I click next says its going to server but then it just stays on the incoming screen instead of continueing the setup to the outgoing email server.

What gives?

I have to get my AKO email, but I love this little phone. Can anyone help?!@

justice340

Reaction score
It's Incredible right?

When I try to set up the setting, which I have correct as I have triple checked, the screen from incoming email where I click next says its going to server but then it just stays on the incoming screen instead of continueing the setup to the outgoing email server.

What gives?

I have to get my AKO email, but I love this little phone. Can anyone help?!@

Sorry guy I have the incredible too and it doesn't seem to work either.

droidxtreme

Reaction score
Looks like the free K-9 app fixes it. Another guy on a board says its not as secure as the HTC program but when HTC program doesn't pull any emails at all that makes it 100% secure, even from me lol so I like the K-9 app and happy droid apps are free of bureaucracy for most part

bh8690

Reaction score
AKO and Android

I live in the New York area...from day one of having Motorola Droid, the phone could not connect to AKO (settings confirmed); communication error. Strangely, when I was down in South Carolina recently, AKO miraculously worked (flawlessly). Returned through Chicago, and AKO no longer works.

Verizon what gives? Come clean. Marginal 3G coverage in these metro areas?....are we being misled?

I have done the science experiment...AKO works, settings are correct; Do we all have to move to South Carolina?

soldiee19d

Reaction score
thanks IceCold i had it workin on my droid1 but never could figure out to leave @us.army.mill off for it to work on my droid2

craig.agrona

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know about putting AKO on their mobile device without consent or enterprise resources. When you put your UN and PW on the server for your email, it goes onto the carriers servers ( a huge security issue for Army) Cyber division randomly audits AKO accounts and will disable your ability to get your mail on your phone. They got me once already, just a heads up. I suffered no adverse actions for this, and then put it back on my phone anyway. But be aware, AKO might get fed up and produce new policy and enforce it with USMJ.

craig.agrona

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know about putting AKO on their mobile device without consent or enterprise resources. When you put your UN and PW on the server for your email, it goes onto the carriers servers ( a huge security issue for Army) Cyber division randomly audits AKO accounts and will disable your ability to get your mail on your phone. They got me once already, just a heads up. I suffered no adverse actions for this, and then put it back on my phone anyway. But be aware, AKO might get fed up and produce new policy and enforce it with USMJ.

sorry, UCMJ, i fat fingered it