Air View question

theblackabbot

Reaction score
Question - does having Air View activated serve as a battery drain? I currently have it off, but am thinking of using it, but don't want it being a constant battery drain.

Any thoughts?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I haven't noticed it being a real battery drain. I think it only turns on when the apps being used have the feature. I don't think the increase in battery life would be noticeable, especially if you don't use the feature often.

OP
theblackabbot

theblackabbot

Reaction score
I haven't noticed it being a real battery drain. I think it only turns on when the apps being used have the feature. I don't think the increase in battery life would be noticeable, especially if you don't use the feature often.
I mean to say, is Air View an app that constantly runs in the background and slowly eats up battery power?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope. AFAIK, it's just a feature that's enabled once you open an Air View compatible app such as the stock browser. If you use it on another browser such as Chrome, it won't work because the feature isn't built into the app.

I'm sure it does use battery as part of regular system functions because it is based on sensors, but the battery drain would be quite minimal I think.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It occupies RAM but does not use cpu so though it's technically running it's dormant and doesn't use battery.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate