Ahh Please help!What should I do?

Mercurial

Reaction score
Hello
:motdroidhoriz:
So I plan on getting a droid 1 on wednesday and getting it COMPLETELY flashed to metro pcs with everything but I was thinking about getting it rooted or whatever (don't totally understand it but get the idea) by some experienced person for 25 bucks.
The problem is that I want to get the Froyo 2.2 update.If I got it flashed first and updated it I was reading something about the flash getting erased or screwed up if you do that...is this true?I get confused about the whole flashing/unlocking thing.

Like I'm trying to plan so my mom won't get mad and it's my first time...

How expensive or how much work will this be?
What should I do??!!How should I go about this?
Am I panicking too much?

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Don't pay to root, I never did it before or messed with phones ever but I came out just fine....it is EXTREMELY hard to brick a droid, you can almost always get to recovery. Now I dont know anything about "Flashing" or getting a phone to work on different carriers, but when you root u can definitely get the 2.2 update, or get a custom ROM that is based on that.

Nick177th

Reaction score
Hello
:motdroidhoriz:
So I plan on getting a droid 1 on wednesday and getting it COMPLETELY flashed to metro pcs with everything but I was thinking about getting it rooted or whatever (don't totally understand it but get the idea) by some experienced person for 25 bucks.
The problem is that I want to get the Froyo 2.2 update.If I got it flashed first and updated it I was reading something about the flash getting erased or screwed up if you do that...is this true?I get confused about the whole flashing/unlocking thing.

Like I'm trying to plan so my mom won't get mad and it's my first time...

How expensive or how much work will this be?
What should I do??!!How should I go about this?
Am I panicking too much?

I hope this is not someone you call a friend that wants to charge you 25 dollars to root your phone. It literally takes less than a minute to root your phone nowadays. Read, Read, Read before you root. As the poster before me said, it is extremely hard to brick a Droid 1 but, you need to understand the process. That way if something goes wrong (not bricked), you'll know how to get back to where you were before things went wrong. Example: you get caught in a boot loop, you ask for help from the rescue squad, they say what did you do? You say, I don't know. I just pressed a button. It will be harder for them to help you.

Learn all the terminology, all the processes, what roms work with what kernels etc., etc., etc. Please, please, please don't root before you know what you're doing. A friend of mine bricked his Droid and he's an IT guy. Not because he didn't know what he was doing but, because he wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. have fun with your new toy. It is a helluva device. I've I had mine since the day they went on sale and I haven't seen anything out there that made me say, Dag, I need to get rid of my Droid for that.

OP
M

Mercurial

Reaction score
I can do it by myself?
I see things like the psx and liquid yogurt and I don't get it. or the purpose of certain things.Like I learned some of the terminology from that one vocab topic but I'm not sure where else to start so I can begin on my own...

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mercurial :welcome: to the forum. You really should just wait until you actually get your droid and get familiar with it before you start thinking about rooting and making "ahhh please help!" threads.