AGreen BHM's Root Kit

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by agreenbhm, Jul 7, 2010.

1. agreenbhm

agreenbhm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have developed a tool for pros and n00bs alike to easily downgrade their phones to 2.0.1, root, flash custom recovery and much more, all from their PC. It's called the Droid RootKit. Check it out at AGreen BHM's Droid RootKit

2. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    Quick question but why would you want to downgrade the phones to 2.0.1 when you could just flash the ESE81SPRecovery.sbf file (much quicker and safer method) and then install the update.zip and go from there?

RSDLite flashing the SPRecovery.sbf does not require re-signing in to Google, leaves the phone at the current 2.1-update1 and allows you to install update.zip from recovery, rooting the phone.

3. agreenbhm

agreenbhm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip! I don't seem to see any links to that file, though. Do you have one you could provide for me?

4. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    It's somewhere here....though a quick look I didn't see it....

I'll PM you a link you can get it from.....

5. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0

I occasionally flash back to 2.0.1 and re-root because when Im having problems it seems to make new roms run faster/more stable. IDK if its a placebo effect but it works for me. Ill actually try this out later since I was going to try out bb v0.4 and the last few times its been a little screwy coming from kangerade.

edit: not to sound off putting but... its a good idea but a little intensive, especially the custom recovery step. I used to used a combo of rsd lite, dmupdater and rom manager to do what your root kit does, hoping it might be more automatic but it wasnt. I actually stopped your process at the "install custom recover step" and continued with rom manager. The only part that was actually useful to me was the auto RSDlite.

Some suggestions:
    1. have two main choices on the main menu, one that is truly automatic (ill cover how later) and one that brings you to the current menu.

2. See if you can integrate DMupdater into your program to make it truly automatic. It installs the root binary and flashes a custom recovery with little user interaction.

3. Id recommend this process: all warnings on one screen (i hate going through multiple warnings, im sure other people do also), autoflash via rsdlite, push and execute DMupdater, pause script so DMupdater can run, once back in android push a predefined custom rom from your app to the sdcard (I saw the install_rom folder but no reference to it, maybe im blind), reboot to recovery and have the user manually initiate the flash (or figure out how koush does it in rom manager :) )

Search tags for this page

agreen bhm's droid rootkit v0.8.2

root kit jb 4.2.2
rootkit droid 2