Age of Ultron Trailer #2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I stand corrected.. But as I said before.. It was just what I'd heard... I don't follow this stuff to closely lol

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Wow I can't wait for this to hit the theaters!!!! Iron Man is my favorite hero but I really enjoy all the Avengers together

sent from my sexy Note 4

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm looking forward to this movie.. Definitely more than batman vs superman...

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this movie.. Definitely more than batman vs superman...

Looking forward to this movie but not more than BvS as I am more of a Batman fan than anything else. With that said as of late, with the exception of the Nolan Batman movies, DC seems hit or miss (mainly miss except for the Batman movies and even some of those were misses) while Marvel have been clicking on all cylinders. Even their movies I cared less for I ended up going back to watch because I felt like I would miss something going forward. The first Captain America movie I thought was meh but ended up checking it out when it came to Netflix just so I could be up to speed with the first Avengers movie. I do not think DC needs to copy Marvel but need to take what they do best and take the darkness of the property and make it where people beg to see more. I think Fox did a good job with X-men First Class and X-men Days of Future Past getting people excited about the property again. Sony unfortunately rushed trying to capture that Marvel magic and are now appearing to be in desperation mode. I think Sony should have taken their time and allowed the Spider-man series to progress at a slower pace building up to a Spider-man Sinister 6 vs rushing to make a spin off Sinister 6 movie.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you look at it.. And as I've said. I'm not a comic book fan.. I like 1 comic book character.. Dead pool... That said

They're both going to the same area.. There's a war coming.. And it seems apparent for both companies.. Except... We're not sure yet.. In batman vs superman... But everyone thinks the studio will exploit this fight..

I don't like captain America by himself.. I don't like Thor by himself.. The two I like.. In this movie... Are the hulk.. And iron man.. But you put it all together.. And there are some entertaining parts.. Like the hulk knocking Thor into a wall after just having teamed up...

On the other side.. I like a lot about batman.. He's quiet.. He's silently strong... He's sort of a recluse iron man... And in their new movie.. We get to see how much.. Superman seems very human and not sure of his powers at this point.. And i think that's the point I forget in many of these movies.. They're a separate eco system of character development... That said...

I think marvel has done a better job of getting it in front of my face with me not being a comic fan.. Their movies for the most part... Have caught my attention.. Except the x-men..

Also.. Batman... The progression of the series made things... Well... Unappealing to me.. Too many hidden "easter eggs" that left the story open to interpretation by fans and followers. You see these interviews with directors and such.. Saying that... This pointed to this and that to that.. And yes I know they did that for all of the hard-core people out there.. That's great.. But.. If they'd done it correctly or in a better way.. It would be the ENTHUSIASTS saying hey.. Did you see that!!?.. Instead... No one really knows for sure.. Until the director says..oh yeah.. Did you see what I did there??? Did you catch it??? Smdh..

.and perhaps people don't like things cut and dry.. But to me.. A superhero story is just that.. There's room for "the next sequel" and there are loose ends.. but things are definitively where they are...and the majority of things are tied up to give people the warm and fuzzy feeling lmao

Now.. This is my take.. As I said.. I'm not a comic book fan.. Just my opinion from where I'm at.. The average consumer.. In this case..

But the avengers just grab my attention more

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I wasn't real big into comics when I was younger, but the ones I did read were Archie, Scooby Doo & Rich Rich since those were the only funny or comedic comics out then.
Superman & Spiderman were my super hero preferences at the time. (And I had no clue what was Marvel or DC back then)
All I know of Avengers, Iron Man etc came from the movies. Blasphemy? Perhaps. LOL

S5 tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I wasn't real big into comics when I was younger, but the ones I did read were Archie, Scooby Doo & Rich Rich since those were the only funny or comedic comics out then.
Superman & Spiderman were my super hero preferences at the time. (And I had no clue what was Marvel or DC back then)
All I know of Avengers, Iron Man etc came from the movies. Blasphemy? Perhaps. LOL

S5 tap'n

That was me too.. When i saw iron man in theaters... It was my first exposure to that character.. And i like what they've done with him... Perhaps that's my issue?? I had no ideas of what he should be, going in..

Unlike batman.. I had a preconceived notion of what batman meant to me, what he was supposed to be.. And i feel like they've failed in portraying the character..

Just my take.. Not trying to step on anyone's toes.. This is why I haven't seen the new ninja turtles movie and had a hard time getting into Bayformers

Reactions: cr6
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With many movies and comics it seems that the character portrayed is based on what the author or studio wants portrayed. Like many of you I have not been a comic book reader but all my knowledge of comic book heroes were a result of movies and animated shows (ie cartoons). I always felt like DC was a little darker but maybe that was because one of their main and most popular character, Batman, has been the one most portrayed by DC. The Marvel movies seem to be more lighthearted and fun so I assumed that they had a more lighthearted comic. It was not until I stumbled upon a channel that highlight some of the Marvel Comics that I realized how dark Marvel Comics are as well. Either way I think that we are in an age with technology where we have the opportunity to see some awesome comic movies portrayed on the big screen.

MarvelExplained - YouTube

^ In case someone wanted to know, that was the channel I stumbled upon. Think it was suggested by Google after watching the marvel trailers for Age of Ultron.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I love watching HULK "SMASH"! I hope there are some little funny spots like the first like when he punched Thor and grinned or use Loki like a Rug. The only thing is this movie looks like it will be darker than the first. May 1st is too Far away!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That was me too.. When i saw iron man in theaters... It was my first exposure to that character.. And i like what they've done with him... Perhaps that's my issue?? I had no ideas of what he should be, going in..

Unlike batman.. I had a preconceived notion of what batman meant to me, what he was supposed to be.. And i feel like they've failed in portraying the character..

Just my take.. Not trying to step on anyone's toes.. This is why I haven't seen the new ninja turtles movie and had a hard time getting into Bayformers
I agree. I had heard of Iron Man, but knew nothing of the character or the story.

Can you elaborate on Batman? Where did your notions come from?

Transformers, I barely remember watching the cartoon, so I liked the first couple movies. They kinda lost me after that.

The New Turtles...I was very set against watching it, having such a tight hold on childhood memories. I finally watched it with the my stepson the other day and it was actually pretty darn good. I might even watch it again, though the origin story doesn't line up with the original movies. It's an acceptable enough plot point for me.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I agree. I had heard of Iron Man, but knew nothing of the character or the story.

Can you elaborate on Batman? Where did your notions come from?

Transformers, I barely remember watching the cartoon, so I liked the first couple movies. They kinda lost me after that.

The New Turtles...I was very set against watching it, having such a tight hold on childhood memories. I finally watched it with the my stepson the other day and it was actually pretty darn good. I might even watch it again, though the origin story doesn't line up with the original movies. It's an acceptable enough plot point for me.
As far as batman's character.. I guess it's hard to explain.. I guess my notion of what batman was... Is sort of the Michael Keaton batman.. But not giving himself away so much??

I did like how they went in depth (darkknight) about what the character went through to become batman..

But in all batman movies I've seen.. He's to vulnerable.. I don't mean.. Not super human.. Because batman is just human.. I mean he didn't have his back watched.. He left lots of loose ends.. So to speak...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also.. PC has a Point. It's the directors idea of what the character should be... That I largely disagree with..

What I mean is.. Deathstroke (i know of him because deadpool is a knock off) is a highly trained killer.. Skill rivaling batman's... In all of the batman movies I've seen.. They don't do a great job showcasing batman's hand to hand abilities.. They do a better job in Keaton batman's than any other... Imho.

The dark Knight series...they showed him as learning... And that's development.. But i sorta disagree with that. You don't go out taking on people with guns, while you're just starting to "get good" .. Idk.. Maybe that's just a huge flaw in it for me..

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I guess what I liked about Nolan's Dark Knight movies was that he captured how human Batman really is. Batman can be bruised, beaten, and broken. He has emotions and something that was also captured very well in the Animated series is that he his so haunted by his parents death that is overshadow his entire life. Batman is literally borderline psychotic and walk the line so closely. He is not Superman, ie the boy scout, doing things by the book. Every night he put his life on the line to avenge his family and it effects so much of his life that he is unable to have a family or go on with his life. Nolan capture that aspect real well in the DK trilogy. I guess that is why people relate so well with Batman vs the rest of the heros in the DC universe who are practically deities.

By the way I must say that that is on area I also like about what they are doing with the Marvel Universe, making all the characters seem relatable.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's true pc.. But that's sorta what I mean.. Yep.. He can be beaten and broken..it just seems a little too easy.. I'll say this.. You're out going after criminals who don't care about your life.. I'd be brutal... And that plays into the "psychopath walking the crayon line".. I'd expect him to strike hard.. With lethal force when dealing with numbers... And fade quickly.. :)

ICU isn't the morgue... Just sayin