Again apps not showing up in the market

BOA

Reaction score
Could this be that we were once rooted and that the problem just moved with the phone? I'm guessing since the market keeps history of what you've purchased if you had the problem on the old phone then market is still assuming you don't have these apps.

I have the same issues BTW and this is my theory but I'm not sure. I was running Cyanogen on my Droid before moving to the X and I had this issue. I didn't have it on BB 0.4 so I'm going to try and restore my phone to BB, use Wifi to test Market and then see if my X fixes it self. If not I will switch my phone service to the X and do the same.

Let me know what you find or think.

UPDATE; My X shut itself down and after rebooting I see some of my purchased apps. I didn't the do the above mentioned steps. Hmmm what's going on? Will see if I'm still missing stuff.

Last edited:
OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Could this be that we were once rooted and that the problem just moved with the phone? I'm guessing since the market keeps history of what you've purchased if you had the problem on the old phone then market is still assuming you don't have these apps.

I have the same issues BTW and this is my theory but I'm not sure. I was running Cyanogen on my Droid before moving to the X and I had this issue. I didn't have it on BB 0.4 so I'm going to try and restore my phone to BB, use Wifi to test Market and then see if my X fixes it self. If not I will switch my phone service to the X and do the same.

UPDATE; My X shut itself down and after rebooting I see some of my purchased app's. I didn't the do the above mentioned steps. Hmmm what's going on? Will see if I'm still missing stuff.

Droid was rooted, but I then activated my DX and did a restore.
The app's that are not visual to me are not root app's they are app's that you would get if your weren't rooted.

Signum

Reaction score

UPDATE; My X shut itself down and after rebooting I see some of my purchased app's. I didn't the do the above mentioned steps. Hmmm what's going on? Will see if I'm still missing stuff.

Droid was rooted, but I then activated my DX and did a restore.
The app's that are not visual to me are not root app's they are app's that you would get if your weren't rooted.

its a known issue.

Humpa

Reaction score
Google updated that particular database and all appears to be good now. :D

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
As of 1500 today all app's are showing.

bryandd

Reaction score
Still don't see my apps.

I spoke with Moto today and even level two tech support didn't have a clue. Don't you hate it when you have to teach the tech guys about their own product! They didn't know anything about the copy protected app problem. They also had no idea there were 2 OTA's already and couldn't tell me why I have not received either and can't get them manually (I'm still on .514). So if anyone has any insight I'd love to hear it. I want my apps back...

clubtech

Reaction score
I spoke with Moto today and even level two tech support didn't have a clue. Don't you hate it when you have to teach the tech guys about their own product! They didn't know anything about the copy protected app problem. They also had no idea there were 2 OTA's already and couldn't tell me why I have not received either and can't get them manually (I'm still on .514). So if anyone has any insight I'd love to hear it. I want my apps back...

I am in the same boat as you.
Still on .514 and no OTA and not protected apps.

bryandd

Reaction score
Ota

I really hope they do. From what I'm seeing everyone that received their X at the launch event is stuck at .514. The people who purchased today came with .516 then got an OTA to .604. Can anyone confirm this?

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
try clearing the market cache:
Settings | applications | Mange Applications | menu choose all | scroll down to market and clear the cache.

Not sure it will work but I did that last night and today at 1300 EST all my apps were there.

As for Moto not knowing that would be there issue since I reported it to them over a week ago.
I have the ticket to prove it.

clubtech

Reaction score
I really hope they do. From what I'm seeing everyone that received their X at the launch event is stuck at .514. The people who purchased today came with .516 then got an OTA to .604. Can anyone confirm this?

That is what i understand as well.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score

Well not exactly:
I got my X 2 weeks ago and last week (saturday I believe) received the update to .604.

bryandd

Reaction score

Well not exactly:
I got my X 2 weeks ago and last week (saturday I believe) received the update to .604.

But what version where you at when you got the OTA .514 or .516?

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I'm still on .516 purchased today... checked for system updates through about phone and says I'm up to date

I remember hearing about the new version that came out a couple of days ago I think. Maybe they are doing the rolling updates like all the other Android OTAs on VZW