1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

After using RSD Lite to flash the rooted 2.1 ESE81, what ROM or Kernel did you use?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nateccnn, Apr 20, 2010.

1. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

OK...I've read the thread on how to root 2.1 ESE81 using RSD Lite, SPRecovery and Busybox. I downloaded all the files. I am ready to plunge in. Don't know why, but I just have to try it this way. I know there are other was to gain rooted 2.1. I've tried them. I want to do something new.

So my question is, once you gain the root with super user access what roms or kernels have you tired to get over clocking? I am only interested in going to 800 mHz. Don't need to get all greedy on speed. Will Adamz 5 setp work on the 2.1 ESE81? I've had the best luck with that particular kernel...just don't know if it is compatible with the ESE81. I guess the best way to find out is to install it and see how it goes. But if someone else has tried it let me know what works for you. I figure I'll be back in about an hour or maybe two with a rooted phone.

See ya in a bit.

Nate
  2. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

In case anyone is interested...Adamz low voltage 800 mhz kernel works with the 2.1 OTA update1 after rooting it.

Nate
  3. brochaos

brochaos New Member

how hard was setting up the setcpu profiles? i just want something slightly overclocked, aka 800mhz, that functions basically similar to bone stock.
  4. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Very easy. You download from the market. I think the cost is like 2 bucks...it was cheap. You use sliders and check marks to make it run faster. If you want to you can set profiles to clock it down during certian conditions...like when the battery is depleated to a certain amoutn or the battery temp gets hot. But none of that is neccesary. The basic function of running it faster is a slidder bar.

But realizer than none of what SetCPU does will work if you don't install an OC kernel...which means you have to root. I mean...if you are already rooted then SetCPU is a cake walk. If you are not rooted...read the threads on how to root. There are easy ways and there are more complicated ways. But I won't go dopwn that road since I don't even know if you're rooted yet.

Nate
  5. jasonb

jasonb New Member

I did my brothers Droid this way. I flashed the .Sbf and then installed chevy's latest Rom. Put setcpu and temp monitor on and that was it.
  6. brochaos

brochaos New Member

i'm not rooted. but i've read up on the 2.1 SBF method, and installing the kernel. my only concern really, was that i am sorta past my tinkering days. i just want a slightly faster stock phone. i use pandora/maps daily while driving, and i had read about heat issues (i have a car charger plugged in) doing this combo. i guess worst case scenario, i'll just remove setcpu and just leave it stock/root if it doesn't work.